• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AKsteve

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Avon
    Does anyone know of someone who builds AKs in Indiana. I am aware of several well known builders in different states from visiting different AK forums but I'm wondering if anyone around here can put one together.

AKsteve

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Avon
    I don't have the tools to build one. I would like to buy a kit for an AK74 and have someone put it together for me. I know of plenty of builders who could do this out of state. I was just wondering if there was anyone so I could keep it local

Are you looking into building one yourself?

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    We don't need no stinkin' tools!

1parts.jpg

Not if you feel fine with using the screw pull method, screws, and other good cheats. ;)

My wife keeps reminding me that I have not finished this project and I keep reminding her that the garage is cold as hades. Soon, soon...

P.S. Buy your kit NOW as they are drying up and no more will be coming in the country!

karlsgunbunker

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    I know a guy in Van Buren and a local guy who build and have the tools.
    I'll send the url of this thread to them.

Last edited:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Finding a local builder would be nice. I have 2 kits...a full stocked Yugo and a Romy "G" kit. Both were bought 2 years ago when they were a dime a dozen. I was planning on doing a screw build but I would pay to have them riveted if I could find a good one local. The Yugo looks almost unfired. Bluing is near 100%. Will make a fine rifle some day.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Finding a local builder would be nice. I have 2 kits...a full stocked Yugo and a Romy "G" kit. Both were bought 2 years ago when they were a dime a dozen. I was planning on doing a screw build but I would pay to have them riveted if I could find a good one local. The Yugo looks almost unfired. Bluing is near 100%. Will make a fine rifle some day.

I would not procrastinate, 2009 May Not be a Very Good Year for Gun Owners. 2008 does not look good for us :n00b:

nofear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Indy
    I've been thinking the same. I love that fold under you have put together. Where do I buy a kit at? I'm comfortable around guns so would love the challenge of assembling my own.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    Thanks! It's a Polish PMKMS underfolder -1981.

The guy I got it from on AR15.com 4 years ago is no longer around I don't believe. You could search for Akron Armory but I think these Polish kits dried up a long time ago.

nofear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Indy
    Thanks! It's a Polish PMKMS underfolder -1981.

The guy I got it from on AR15.com 4 years ago is no longer around I don't believe. You could search for Akron Armory but I think these Polish kits dried up a long time ago.
    It figures I'm a day late. Or couple of years. Ok I'll do some searches and see what I can find.

If others have good sources for AK builds send them over :):

Top Bottom