Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by indy1919a4 View Post
    There are other ways to convert a bolt action rifle into Semi auto

Snabb Semiauto Conversion Forgotten Weapons
    Agreed, these look much more user friendly, probably designed by the guy responsible for all the added "safety features" on the rifle in the OP...he learned his lesson, and was tired of testing out the new design
    Last edited by bauerr3; 08-27-2014 at 16:53.

User Info Menu

Inventors, amazing us for years.
    "If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
    Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.
    And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind."
    Major Michael Davis O'Donnell KIA 7 Feb 1978

Marksman

User Info Menu

They developed a similar adaptation right before ww1 called the Pershing device.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PGRChaplain View Post
    Inventors, amazing us for years.
    To be fair these guys were good but still they held them selves back*** Now if you want to see balls to the wall Inventing you have to go down under to New Zealand.
    Those rascals were not happy till they invented a fully Automatic Rifle out of a bolt action Rifle

Charlton Automatic Rifle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Charlton Automatic Rifle Forgotten Weapons

Charlton Automatic Rifle - Semi-Automatic Rifle / Light Machine Gun - History, Specs and Pictures - Military, Security and Civilian Guns and Equipment
    Sic vis pacem, para bellum --------- Proud OPERATION CHAOS veteran --------- JOEL 3:10

Shooter

User Info Menu

Hey guys, I just went to the range with my new Springfield 1903 semi-auto conversion! Wanna try it out?

Plinker

User Info Menu

They did a conversion back in I think the 20 it was called a Peterson device take a look at that .

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by arctic427 View Post
    They did a conversion back in I think the 20 it was called a Peterson device take a look at that .
    Reportedly, all the examples were destroyed for parts. It's a semi auto pistol caliber conversion for the Springfield. Fires from stick mags.
    "Adapt, Overcome & Improvise"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2