Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

User Info Menu

I have both and I like both for different reasons. Yo uphold check out (you'd have to goggle, I don't have it handy) the test that was done to compare the Magpul against he others (metal vs plastic basically). I can't remember who made the video, but it can't be hard to find. They beat the crap out of a few rifles with several different kinds of back up sites o them and it turned out that the Magpul actually faired the best. While I don't think Magpul is the end all be all (not the biggest fan honestly), they took the beating a bit better since they were plastic, where many of the metal ones broke or became unusable. Just food for thought. If I'm being totally honest, I prefer the Troys, but you said "hard use" so i thought I would mention it.

**edit, I just noted you said MBUS Pro so that's not really plastic vs metal, but you still get my point.
    Quote Originally Posted by vitamink View Post
    Booya often smells like horse farts!!! (quote that!)...and i thank you for the info.

User Info Menu

Thanks fornall the reply's.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Troy is great if you have the money. I put MBUS on a Saiga 12 and it's been a great sight.

User Info Menu

Can't go wrong with the Troys!
    Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD. Psalm 33:12

Do kids still play Cops and Robbers, or are they just taught both are equally bad and given a participation ribbon after a rousing game of scoreless Everyone's a Winner Ball? - BehindBlueI's
    Well, gee whiz, if the Government released a nest of ants, roaches and bedbugs into everybody's house, they shouldn't be surprised if people run out to buy bug spray! - Comment on White House concerns over increased gun sales

User Info Menu

Everyone loves Troy, but an MBUS is 80% of the sight that a Troy is at half the price. I've run an MBUS rear on my AR with a triangle front post for a year now and have had no issues (though I do wish they locked upright). Troys are crystal clear, though, since the apertures appear slightly larger than those of the MBUS (my eyes suck and pick up a slight haze on the top of the large aperture of the MBUS)

Plinker

User Info Menu

+1 for the LWRC Skirmish sights. I have them on both my AR's

User Info Menu

I've got these FAB Defense Backup Sights RBS & FBS | 7.62 Precision Custom Firearm Finishes on my Tavor and my GII Recon. They're really durable and I prefer the design and operation mechanism to the Magpul polymer buis. The downside is they ship from Israel and it took me about a month to get them.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy71 View Post
    I've got these FAB Defense Backup Sights RBS & FBS | 7.62 Precision Custom Firearm Finishes on my Tavor and my GII Recon. They're really durable and I prefer the design and operation mechanism to the Magpul polymer buis. The downside is they ship from Israel and it took me about a month to get them.
    If you ordered these from us - they did not ship from Israel. We have them in stock as well as several other distributors in the US and they would have shipped from here. It is not actually legal for them to be shipped directly from Israel, they need to go through the importer (Mako) and be shipped from the US.
    I'm sorry you had to wait so long to receive them from whoever you did order them from.

User Info Menu

can the fab front sight be mounted on a rail height gas block?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2