• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Ok, I know its just a VZ2008, but I bought it kinda expecting it to not be as well made as it is. I paid 416$ out the door, and it came with 5 mags, a 4 mag pouch, field cleaning kit, and a sling. No bayonette with this one. I missed that deal while I was researching, trying to decide.. Same price too... I'm good at that. I missed the last sale they had for this item with free shipping because I couldn't decide if I wanted it or a 1911. Cost me 16 bucks... Oh well, Im still beyond happy with it. It really is well made. I haven't shot it yet, just field stripped it 20 times.

20141126_094349_zpskjuhaufk.jpg

20141126_094223_zps6ljtw6dm.jpg

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Looks good, sounds like a great price even if you had to pay shipping.

Where did you order it from?

Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    I bought mine from snorko, he originally got it from PSA. They are fun guns for the money but that folding stock is pretty unforgiving.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Yea, I figure it might be. But I'm sure I can make it work. Either pad it, or get a solid stock if I have to. I cant imagine a solid stock would help THAT much, since the butt on the folding stock is so large. Of course, the solid stock will absorb more energy, due to its increase in mass, and the fact that, despite the good size butt on the folding stock, the solid stock is not directing it all down a 1/2" wide bar of steel. We shall see... I like it!!!

Last edited:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I've got one on the way. Always wanted one, didn't want to pay CZ's prices when they offered it, didn't want to pay the other company's prices (dtechnik?) but couldn't turn it down at 399.99. Mine's in the mail.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Congrats! It's easy to take down isn't it? Even simpler than an AK I think. Almost seems like a cross between an AK and an AR with the pins for take down. I'm anxious to see what you think of that stock after you shoot it. I just couldn't get a good cheek weld with mine. Have fun with it! :rockwoot:

P.S. You're not missing much by not getting the bayonet. It's nothing to write home about.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I've got one on the way. Always wanted one, didn't want to pay CZ's prices when they offered it, didn't want to pay the other company's prices (dtechnik?) but couldn't turn it down at 399.99. Mine's in the mail.

DTechnik was the imported CZ ones. Czechpoint and Ohio Ordnance (I'm sure theres others but those are the two that come to mind first) both build some really high quality ones too, but the price is nowhere near that of CAI.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I have one of the early DTechnik VZ58s and it is a lot of fun! Congrats and hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine!!!

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Those are nice rifles. Much better than the AK. I never found the folding stock to be much of an issue, just don't expect much cheek weld. Another thing about this particular rifle is, the forearm will get hot really fast, wear a glove if you plan on shooting more than a mag at a sitting, especially in the summer.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I LOVE my VZ2008. Such a sweet shooter. I ended up getting a nice railed forend and adjustable folding stock for it because I like black rifles but mores o because the folding stock on the VZ is ROUGH.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Took it out and shot it at 45 yards first 10 rounds were kind of fast, about 1.5 seconds apart, and covered about 4.5 inches. Then I slowed down and took 5 careful shots, which covered the size of a quarter. Then I dumped the rest of the mag as fast as possible. It seemed to shoot extremely well. I'm no marksman but it seemed really accurate.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    What was your impression of the stock? (Granted, one mag may not be enough to form a judgement one way or another.) Sounds like you had no problem shooting it accurately! :)

Top Bottom