• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Anyone have one? How is the fit and finish. I haven't found anything on it but is there a conversion to use glock 33 round mags? This would be really great to have double use mag.

465guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2008
    How is the fit and finish? Just depends on the builder and parts I guess. I always thought 9mm AR would be a lot of fun. But a bit useless as a fighting rifle.

Anyone have one? How is the fit and finish. I haven't found anything on it but is there a conversion to use glock 33 round mags? This would be really great to have double use mag.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I was looking at the Rock River ar's and thought that might be a consideration. My friend has a cx4 storm in .40 and that thing is a blast to shoot. I am thinking about putting a couple of uppers together for one lower (9mm and 6.8). So I guess nobody has a 9mm ar?

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Exactly! I have a friend that is reloading .223 and 6.8 now so it won't be SOOOOO expensive. Between the two of us we have most of our calibers covered.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Greenfield, Indiana
    I bought a RRA LAR15 9MM several years ago. I have not had any major problems with it. It is a heck of alot cheaper to shoot then 223. The main reason I like it can be viewed by clicking the link below. Enjoy
    9mmar3.JPG

YouTube - Bumpfiring 9MM & .223 AR15

Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    I'm kicking my butt for not picking one up a couple of weeks ago. I believe a 9mm AR15 is sufficient enough to use for home self defense. Economical round to shoot especially if you are all ready reloading for 9mm. 9mm brass is available everywhere. Having said the above I would want a larger caliber for non-home self defensive or offensive actions in LE or war.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Greenfield, Indiana
    So you were shooting .223 at Pops :cool:

Yes I was. Mike allowed me to test a few mags as long as I did it when Terry wasnt around. The back stop at popguns will stop any round up to 3700fps, it the ceiling baffles that are only rated for 44mag. In other words if you shoot the baffles with a 223 then you kill someone down the street at the Capital City Ford dealership.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Got any good stories for us. How the F do people hit the ceiling so close to the firing line? I used to be a regular range customer and it would amaze me to look up and see holes

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Well with Karl's recent catalog release I might buy one of these. How are mags? Ideally I would like to have 5 but at $28 a piece that is nuts.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Greenfield, Indiana
    Got any good stories for us. How the F do people hit the ceiling so close to the firing line? I used to be a regular range customer and it would amaze me to look up and see holes

Alot of the holes you that could be seen on the ceiling baffles are from people shooting machineguns. Mike used to be a class 3 dealer and we had a HK UMP 45acp and a IMI UZI 9mm. Anyone who owned a subgun was also allowed to bring theirs. After someone would dump a mag out of their machinegun you would hear alot of the other people in the range start shooting their pistols as fast as they could.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

I have an Olympic Arms 9mm AR. After looking at several brands I picked the Olympic Arms because it uses a standard AR lower receiver. All the other brands I found used dedicated lowers that could only accept 9mm magazines and nothing else.
    1-oly3.jpg

With the Oly 9mm, I can swap the top receiver off the gun for a different caliber and insert any standard magazine for any caliber. The fit & finish are pretty good, the gun is not polished like a Les Bear, but the price is not up in the stratosphere either. Its been 100% reliable so far.

Olympic Arms actually makes 2 different versions of the 9mm, mine uses modified STEN magazines. Standard STEN magazines can be used if a spacer block is inserted into the magazine well. The spacer block is removable so it does not permanently modify the gun's lower. Oly also makes a Glock version but that uses a dedicated lower receiver like the other brands, which is something I wanted to avoid.

Its a fun gun to shoot.
    b2.jpg

ick

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2008
    NWI
    How much was the OA upper? I may pick one up at the end of the summer, once I'm back into the clear on the gun fund. My "cheap" AR build is quickly turning into a $1k+ build. Whoops.

Top Bottom