• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Captianbullseye

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 31, 2014
    Indianapolis
    You could always check the internet. You would have to pay extra for shipping but you would get that specific ammo your looking for. Try Midwayusa or Bushnells, I have had luck on those sites. Good luck

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    AFAIK, Winchester only loads the one load, the 200gr Silver Tip. Buffalo Bore and Double Tap also make a load or two.

Good luck. If you want a steady supply of .358 Winchester you need to Handload.

:)

How heavy of a load do you want? the 200gr is "lights out" for deer and I would trust it for elk and black bear. I like the Interlock bullet from Hornady. The 225gr SGK would be a good bullet for a heavier load since it is shorter than many of the other options. For somewhat better ballistics, Nosler has a relatively new 200gr Accubond. The 225gr bullets from Nosler and Barnes are quite long, and take up precious powder space.

Last edited:

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    FWIW my 200gr Hornady Interlock fragged on a doe last yr. Yeah I tried to get bullet upset by angling into the shoulder, but I expected it to hold up a little better.
    I'd go premium stuff if going after more than deer.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    That Buffalobore ammo is some pricey stuff. I am glad I reload. I use 308 new brass and resize it to 358 Winchester. I have never used true 358 Winchester brass. It is hard to come by and a little on the pricey side when you can find it.

For the price of four boxes of Buffalobore you coud buy the stuff to reload it.

Last edited:

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    I've hit shoulder bone on two deer so far with the 200gr Interlock... Not shoulder blade, but one through the upper arm bone, just below the socket, and one through the socket. Didn't find the bullets but had normal looking exit wounds, quarter and nickle sized, respectively, after going through 15-18 inches of deer. The quarter sized hole hit a rib on the way in and out. No bits of bullets were found on either deer.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    .35 Remington, biggest chunk of bullet was about 50 grains. Dinked rib on far side, no exit. Nice meat grinder 2" diameter wound channel to opp side rib (through lung and liver). I dug and searched quite a bit for the bullet. Lots of little pcs. I think I found about half of it, did not find the base though. No exit.

50 yards quartering to, 16.25" bbl. TC Contender, hot enough the extractor is sticky.

Bet that's considerably slower than a .358 Win.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Hmmm... RN or SP? (I'm using SP in a .358 WSSM, both shots at ~40 yards, so ~2500fps @ impact.)

Top Bottom