• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    Ok, so i need a new project and this year i'm considering putting my 270WSM up for sale, maybe a few other things and going huge and getting a REPR. i've been doing a bit of reading lately. 270wsm long range is faster and has more energy, but is really expensive, harder to find of course, and wears on the barrel way more than .308. I'ld like to know INGO's thoughts as well. the cool factor plays a part when talking about lwrc :)

bigelowe

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    bullitt county
    .308 is very versatile and lots of tacticool parts for the rifle its self. I wouldn't mind a 18-20 bull barrel .308 for myself. I don't believe their is much velocity loss from the shorter barrel. that's just from my limited knowledge, so take it for what its worth.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    the LWRC REPR is one damn nice rifle, but it's heavy so consider that.
    I almost bought a REPR but then decided on a FN SCAR 17.
    The SCAR is not as accurate as the REPR, but it's much lighter and fit better into my philosophy of use.
    I wanted a light hard hitting rifle that was very reliable and quality made. The SCAR 17 was the best choice at the time, and it's gas-piston like the REPR.

.308 is extremely versatile. You can get just about every kind of round for it you can imagine and it's used world wide.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    I was thinking since I have a great 5.56 setup I might like a more precise long range platform, but ya the scar is more versatile. I just hate its looks :)

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    its gonna be tough spending that kind of money, but once i get over the initial shock, then the after shock, it'll be worth it

Make sure you add glass and a mount that will do it justice! I vote for a Trijicon VCOG 1-6X in a Larue mount.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Repr. At least in my opinion . I have never shot one but big on my wish list.

I have a few times and it's the nicest production self-loading rifle I've had the privilege of shooting. It's as accurate (or more so) than most bolt action .308s, it's ultra-reliable (especially compared to other .30 cal AR patterns), it has a charging handle on the left side where it belongs, and LWRC doesn't cut any corners in parts, manufacturing, or assembly.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom