• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Held one at a rural king in new castle. I was actually impressed. Not knowing much either, I didn't know what to expect, but it was pretty nice. They use 4150 cm barrel steel, which not everyone will use , most use the cheaper 4140. They also button rifle their barrels, which I like. I know everyone loves CHF, but it doesn't impress me. Their brochure says their scout models use 4140 steel and are not chrome lined, so you might watch for that. For the price, I was surprised with the number of quality parts they used. Seemed like a real value to me. I'm seriously considering getting an upper from them, after I recover from the expense of putting a Kreiger on my rem 700.

ErickW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    Just bought one about a month ago. That's my post linked above. I've put around 100 rds through mine, had what I thought was light primer strikes on two or three shots, but that was with me stripping one round at a time off the mag. I have run 3 other full mags through it with no problems. Obviously I need to run more ammo to be 100% confident in it, but I think it will be good to go. Fit and finish is every bit as nice as my PSA was, and warranty is unbeatable. I have the MOE model, and emailed them with a couple questions, response was quick and friendly. I'm happy.

TheDoaner

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    Southern IN
    I'm under the impression that regardless of what name is stamped on the lower, if it's metal and mil-spec then they are all very similar. The upper is where you will find various twist rates, forging methods etc. to match your particular ammo choice and shooting needs. I picked up a like new Core 15 M4 MOE Piston from a customer hurting for cash. I had 3 failures to extract various ammo brands in the first 90 rounds. It once ripped the rim off one of the brass cases. I called customer service and they suggested I put at least 300 rounds through it to break in the piston system. They said if it happened after that point, that they would take it in and repair it at no cost. I think that speaks highly of their warranty since I am the second owner. Anyway, I did as instructed and the gun ran flawlessly after the first 90 rounds shooting various Federal, Winchester, and Fiocchi rounds. I'm not a big AR guy, but I think it's a pretty good product. I understand that Core was originally a boat manufacturer that just happened to have some CMC machinery. I didn't have much invested in it, so when a buddy offered to trade me an STI Lawman 5.0 for it, I swapped.

Top Bottom