• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • newgunguy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    delaware county
    I have read about them via thier website, looking for some info from people that have them. I'm looking at the lower end models, Buds have one for 615.00, good product? thanks for any help

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I have one I bought a couple years ago. So far I have had nothing but good luck with it. Windham Weaponry is the old Bushmaster. Same building, same owner, same employees even I think. I'm not an AR expert but I'm very happy with mine for my intended uses. They should be just as good as any other mid level AR on the market.

fordfarmboy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Morgan County
    All good here have had one for about three years . Trouble free . I just looked I think that one is Carbon fiber. I don't know about the carbon . Hear good and bad.

KJW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Lamb's Crossing
    My brother has the carbon fiber Windham Weaponry model and it has ran flawlessly in the two years he's had it. It's very accurate as well. Vast majority of reviews I've read have been very positive of the carbon fiber model and Windham in general.

Rocketscientist

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2014
    Valparaiso
    Go to your LGS, pick up a new Bushmaster and give it a little shake. It'll go "rattle rattle rattle" like a bunch of nuts and bolts in a coffee can. The rifle will probably work just fine, but to me that right there speaks to proper fit of parts, tolerances, etc. It causes me to question quality control or lack thereof. Anyone else with me on that?

Pick up a Wyndham and do the same thing. No rattles, nice and tight. That's where I'm going for my next AR.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Windham Weaponry is the old Bushmaster. Same building, same owner, same employees even I think. I'm not an AR expert but I'm very happy with mine for my intended uses. They should be just as good as any other mid level AR on the market.

QFT.

OkieGirl has run hundreds of rounds through her HBC with no failures. Windham is GTG.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Go to your LGS, pick up a new Bushmaster and give it a little shake. It'll go "rattle rattle rattle" like a bunch of nuts and bolts in a coffee can. The rifle will probably work just fine, but to me that right there speaks to proper fit of parts, tolerances, etc. It causes me to question quality control or lack thereof. Anyone else with me on that?

Pick up a Wyndham and do the same thing. No rattles, nice and tight. That's where I'm going for my next AR.

On this note: If history is any indication, freedom group didn't do any favors to the Bushmaster name when they acquired them. Seems like everything they touch turns to crap. Even some of the recent mfg rem 700's, but I digress. I would say "old bushmaster" i.e. Windham is actually a lot better rifle than the new bushmaster.

Rocketscientist

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2014
    Valparaiso
    True that Woobie. It's the difference between cranking 'em out by the millions as quick as they can for quick money vs. real pride in ones work. Either way will show in every piece that leaves the factory. Same thing goes for just about anything these days.

Sonney

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    I have one with a 4x12 weaver scope on it shoot moa at 150 yds. Never a problem with it groups very well. It likes 5.56 better than 223.

Ljungman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Lake Superior
    Windham is old bushmaster...really. the old CEO and his crew are back to making bush...Windham weaponry rifles. they are where bushmaster was years ago as far as quality. I had a base model, and a carbon series. The only complaint i had was the carbon series would catch the bolt on its way forward from recoil. didnt affect anything..just annoyed me. Runs like a top still. they are great guns and at good market prices. The do not however have all the fancy bells and whistles of the upper end models. but they make a very nice mil-spec-ish ar15

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    [video=youtube;ONjoUxdLrZ4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONjoUxdLrZ4[/video]

[video=youtube;0PVEitTfxm0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PVEitTfxm0[/video]

[video=youtube;4j_4t6Zu51I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j_4t6Zu51I[/video]

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I got a new Windham in a trade a while back and let a buddy talk me out of it. He runs it with no issue. I found it to be a solid piece.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh

Just picked up a M4A3 20" Bushmaster target model and it doesn't have any rattle, rattle, rattle. I call BS on all of the experts that can't name one fault other than gas keys not getting properly staked at one time. Mine is staked well. 1.5 " groups at 200 yards.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I've had one for a few years. I think I still have it. I loaned the upper out to my father in law over a year ago while he was building his. He hasn't bought a single part since I loaned him mine....

Top Bottom