• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alexIndy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2015
    Fishers
    I have a S&W MP Sport .22 which is fun to shoot, but I need something besides my 12g for family defense. I've been reading a lot and looking at a lot AR15/10 and AKs; I don't want to drop 1k+ for my first AR, so I found this Armalite M15-A4 which will be like $750 after shipping and transfer fee.

I searched through the forums and didn't find anyone talking about this rifle (except on WTS). Anyone owns or have shot this and what are your thoughts/feedback on this?

Thanks in advance,
    Alex

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    I have an Armalite that I purchased right after the first obama election panic. Not at home right no_ but the model I have has a full stock and a 20 in. bull barrel, 1 in 8 twist. It has been perfect in operation and shoots nice tight groups with 55 thru 70 grain bullets. Fine rifle IMO.

alexIndy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2015
    Fishers
    Thanks Tony. As far as a handgun, I've a couple of 9mms and a 38. Still saving for a .40. Along with that, would like a nice 7.62 rifle... Expensive hobby...

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    In that case, get the AR. U just missed some of the best sales in the last few years (holidays), but look around and you'll find a great rifle :)

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I have 2 AR10Bs - they both started out stock and operated flawlessly - they are now highly modified and would buy another in a sec if funds allowed -yes they are a costly addiction - Armalite has the defensive sporting rifle 15 & 10 for $699 & $999 now - you should check their website

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    To break this down a little further....

Armalite is a reputable company. As many others are as well.

I like this one in terms of their "in stock": Defensive Sporting Rifle<sup>TM</sup> 15F

It has a 1:7 twist barrel (my preference, designed for 68 - 80gr projectiles) but not a must. It has the front sight base already, just needs a $60 rear sight (Magpul MBUS for instance) and you're ready to go. It doesn't have a more preferred two-stage trigger though. I have no idea what their shipping & transfer costs would be.

Compare those features against your $750 find.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    If the rifle is exactly what you want then it may be a good choice. If it isn't then my advice is to look around. There are MANY AR15's in that price range and may be one that fits what you're looking for better. You'll most likely find an AR that fits what you're looking for in stock around Indy.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I had an Armalite M15-A4 many moons ago and wish I didn't sell it. Great rifle but was so into another style at the time that I did the unthinkable and sold it.

Used to be that buying an AR was by the ABCs, as in Armalite, Bushmaster, Colt but things have changed and there are many more good manufacturers these days. Still can't go wrong with an "A". :D

Top Bottom