• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    I've been looking for a decent low budget trigger for my AR budget build. Been looking at the Geissele G2S. It looks to have decent reputation. Also have seen Slidefire's SSAR trigger group but no reviews found on it.
    I had USDS do a trigger job on my Stag and it is way better than stock but wanted to see what other options are out there. I walked through the 1500 yesterday but did not notice anyone selling triggers. I'm sure they were there, I just didn't see them.
    Anything else I should be looking at? Want to stay south of $150, the more the better.

Matt

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I am really new to ARs, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.. I love my Spike's Battle Trigger. Crisp, smooth, and affordable at around $60.

Is it a Geissele? No. But that extra $100 could go towards other parts :)

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I've been very happy with my POF drop in triggers, might find one on sale somewhere for $150

The G2S is a good trigger too.

ALG trigger is fairly nice too for what it is.

Ruger has a new 2 stage AR trigger but for some reason it gives me bad vibes

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    Interested in this as well for my current build. Don't think I can justify a Geissele right now.

How much of an improvement is the Spikes Battle Trigger over a mil-spec one?

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Rock River two stage with a Wolff extra power hammer spring at just over 100 bucks cannot be beat. 4 1/2 pound pull easily adjusted to 3 1/2 pound and a fast lock time that can't be beat by the Geiselle trigger.

There is nothing magical about the Geiselle.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    I've shot a couple RR 2 stage triggers and owned one myself, never was impressed with them. They're probably worth their price point but I wasn't on a budget for the past few builds so I figured I'd opt for something better.

The ALG/Spike's triggers are only marginally better than a PSA lpk trigger. The best mil-spec trigger I've had experience with is a CMMG. They feel like they have 1000 rounds on them right out of the package.

Shoot a Geissele and you'll wish you had one. I have four Geissele triggers and one POF. Don't be overwhelmed by their 11 trigger lineup. They each serve a specific purpose.

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    Both of the rock river 2 stage triggers I've played with have required stoning and spring tuning before they felt good. For 100$ you can't go wrong with them. That being said, I prefer my geissele dmr

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    Having owned two geissele triggers, I can honestly say I like my Rock River 2-stage trigger more. Maybe I just got a good one from Rock River though.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I've got a Spike's battle on my HD AR, an RR two-stage on my Armalite AR10 in 308, a CMC on my 6.5 Grendel, and an American Gold for my tack-driving varmint AR. Each one is perfect for its application.

There's no doubt that for max reliability and safety, the Spike's battle takes the cake. For pure joy and mosquito-ass busting accuracy, the American Gold. On one end, 50 bucks, on the other end 300.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Having owned two geissele triggers, I can honestly say I like my Rock River 2-stage trigger more. Maybe I just got a good one from Rock River though.

I share your experience. I shoot NRA Highpower which has mandatory trigger weights. For service rifle it is 4 1/2 pounds. I have 4 of them in 4 different rifles. 3 are perfect at 4 1/2 pounds right from RRA. One was 5 pounds out of the package. It is easily fixed. I use it in a NRA match rifle that I set at 3 1/2 pounds. I have never had to stone any surfaces. It is a simple spring adjustment.

The most important thing that the RRA trigger can give you over the Geissele trigger is reduced lock time. You can really tell, just by dry firing the RRA with a Wolff extra power hammer spring over any model of Geissele. The hammer falls much faster. You can hear it. Without doubt.

Lock time is far more important than pull weight. IMO

And the debate continues. We are all right with our opinions..

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    The bone stock trigger in my del-ton is surprisingly nice. But I also have a cmmg 2stage in another gun. I really like it. Nice crisp break. Smooth etc. Typical up talk of a trigger you like.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    No offense to anyone but I say either go with your tuned bone stock trigger or spend a little more than $150. I had a Spikes enhanced and it felt the exact same as my RRA. I didn't see any value in the extra cost. I like my Geissele SSA's a lot.

Top Bottom