• ...and so much more!
  • Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Might I suggest Mr. Scott Duff, he has written MANY books on the M1 Garand, has a website where he sells Garand parts, and if you do not see anything on his site you can call him as well and get some possible leads on parts from him. Next to John Garand himself he is one of the foremost authorities on all things Garand. In-fact he is a personal friend of the John Garand family and was one of the founding members of the Garand Collectors Association (which is another source for Garand parts). Hope this is of some help? You will enjoy restoring your Garand. I have done so myself and it is like restoring a vintage automobile. Read and study all you can though, because like old cars, these Garands have subtle differences between years.:)

jinks

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2013
    Central
    I recently purchased an early sa production garand (march 41 ) but it is mostly mismatched. Does anyone know a good source for parts?

If you are attempting to match the parts your M1 to as built, You will likely find the task difficult and expensive. Original 1941 barrels are expensive as are checkered short pinion flush nut rear sights, short fork follower rods and SA/GHS stocks. This is if it is a Springfield, for a Winchester it will cost even more.

Unless your Garand is mostly original the cost to restore it will far exceed the cost of purchasing a M1 that is correct or corrected.

The average Garand was rebuilt or rebuilt several times before they were released for public sale.

I have a few M1 and they are great fun to shoot and collect. With the CMP's supply of M1 running low even the rebuilt as issued Garands will increase in value.

Most of the Garands I purchased from the CMP were in the $300 to $400 range and they all are good shooters but not matching.

Sgt7330

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rush Co.
    Good luck, the CMP had some surplus parts on their EStore last time I checked, but that was a couple months ago. As stated by others, if you are trying to restore it to correct status be prepared for $$ and time spent. CMP forums, M14 forum, and gun shows are a few looks. I have bought some parts on Gunbroker with success too.

Orlando8

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2014
    Central Ohio
    A early forged follower rod can be in excess of $500 then the stock, etc , etc. This is not the restoration for the weak hearted and thin wallet. If you want to do a restoration do a late WWII or a Post War

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    His Garand is probably in the "improved" status already but with a T105E1 (non-lock bar) post war rear sight.

Most likely. Let's call that the "improved improved" I got a lock bar sight in my parts box, I've thought of putting it on my M1A just for Ss&Gs.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Just some gee-whiz info. There is a all correct SA 41 Garand on GB right now with 20 min left. IF it is what the seller says it is, It could get interesting. It is currently at $2000.00 and the reserve has not been met yet. I am watching it just for S&G. :popcorn:

Last edited:

Orlando8

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2014
    Central Ohio
    Just some gee-whiz info. There is a all correct SA 41 Garand on GB right now with 20 min left. IF it is what the seller says it is, It could get interesting. It is currently at $2000.00 and the reserve has not been met yet. I am watching it just for S&G. :popcorn:

So what did it sell for??

Top Bottom