• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deerslayer512

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 23, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I am looking for a new scope for my marlin 780 in 22 long rifle. Im looking for a nice scope that costs less than 150 and will keep a great zero so i can get better groups from my 22.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    For my 22 rifles I use the $40 or so scopes in the plastic packages with rings. In 4 power.

Groups in any .22 rifle are far more dependent on ammo than the scope on the rifle. Try different ammo for the best groups. That is my advice.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Not to be argumentative, but why go with a very low tier scope when the original poster already stated that he has a budget that roughly equals ($150) the price of his rifle?
    Is it just because it's a .22LR?
    That price range will get you quite a bit of scope for the money.
    Given those parameters, it all comes down to exactly what features you want: size, weight, magnification, fixed or variable, objective and eyepiece diameter, reticle, parallax adjustment, etc.

It's currently selling a bit over $200, but I was able to get the Leupold VX-I 2-7x28mm rimfire scope for $180 on sale less than two years ago.
    Leupold VX-1 2-7x28mm .22 Caliber Rimfire Rifle Scope FREE S&H 113872, 113871. Leupold Rifle Scopes.
    I mounted this one on my Marlin 39A, and I love it.
    Plus, it allows me to have a rifle that's 100% USA made, from the rifle itself, to the Gun Chaps (vinyl zip-on stock protectors), to the scope rings and bases, to the scope.

Vendetta

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Lafayette
    I would go with the BSA Sweet .22

Hell no. I beat 2 of those to death with a hammer as both failed in less than 100 rds through a 10/22. Gamo would not stand behind their product and told me it would cost me $30 just for them to look at a $45 scope. They are junk and I told them I would let anyone considering their product know this. They didnt seem to care. So Im holding up my end.

I would look at a Nikon prostaff 3-9. Quality piece.

Top Bottom