• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    I was just about to make a thread about this and see if anyone had purchased one yet. I'm debating between that and the AMD for my tax check.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I saw that last week. Best I can see, they are made near Evansville! The company doesn't have any info on them in their website and doesn't have the best email contact. I'd be I retested in trying one out and if it's reliable, it could be a cool SBR project. I'm still looking at getting a Quarter Circle 10 lower but this Nano is less for a complete rifle than most uppers are for an AR!

Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    Wooo a buddy of mine if buying one of my AK's so i'll go to my FFL tomorrow and have him send his ffl to Centerfire. So hopefully by the end of the week (depending shipping times) I'll have one and can post a review.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I was talking to a dealer at the Evv gun show about these. He said he had ordered a bunch but got bumped on a list. Something about a dealer in Ky getting first dibs. Guess this explains that.

Almost makes me want a Glock.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    When I saw "Nano Carbine" I figured Beretta was doing something to the Nano pistol like they did to their Neos pistol. Clicked on the link and found that someone is about to get sued for using a registered trademark.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    When I saw "Nano Carbine" I figured Beretta was doing something to the Nano pistol like they did to their Neos pistol. Clicked on the link and found that someone is about to get sued for using a registered trademark.
    It isn't a pistol, so I don't think they have anything to worry about.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    It isn't a pistol, so I don't think they have anything to worry about.

The reason I stated that is because General Motors got sued by Beretta when they named a car "Beretta". Apples to oranges doesn't matter, but it will be interesting to see if Beretta says anything.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    The reason I stated that is because General Motors got sued by Beretta when they named a car "Beretta". Apples to oranges doesn't matter, but it will be interesting to see if Beretta says anything.

Is Nano the name of the gun or the name of the company making it? If it's the name of the company, then I don't see that Beretta has much claim here, since they can't trademark the word "Nano" given that it is a word in general use. Now, if another gun company made a 9mm pistol and called it the "Nano", then maybe they would have a case.

Of course, you can sue anyone for anything, regardless if you have a case or not. So, theoretically a large company with deep pockets and lawyers on retainer could simply bury a small company in lawsuits, regardless if they were in the right or not.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I question the wisdom and competence of executives of a firearm company using a name that has already been used by another company for several years and is still in production.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south

That was my first thought as well.

Centerfire Systems will be renaming that carbine :twocents:

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Am I the only one that has a hard time getting their head around the idea of spending that kind of money on a gun and it doesn't have any sights? It's like cars coming without floor mats to me; I guess I am an old fogey.

Top Bottom