• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    Almost $800. before tax, that don't sound like a deal to me.... I guess your paying for the name ?

Exactly what I was thinking. My current SPR build should come in just under $1000 (excluding upgrading optic down the road). And that is using quality PSA parts and a MEGA 18" SPR Barrel.

A stripped down, unusable straight from the factory, AR at 3/4 the price of a home built that should be quite a bit more accurate? I'll pass.

Smart idea, foolish price point, but then again I'm not a snob. Whatever floats your boat I suppose.

On a side note; you're trying to tell me that Colt thinks a trigger guard, A2 flash hider, basic stock, basic handguard, MBUS sight, and 1 magazine is worth ~$200? :n00b:
    http://www.impactguns.com/colt-m4-carbine-6920-ar15-16in-6920.aspx

I see no deal in either situation...name, name, name. Weren't they about to go bankrupt recently?

:flamethrower:

Last edited:

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    Exactly what I was thinking. My current SPR build should come in just under $1000 (excluding upgrading optic down the road). And that is using quality PSA parts and a MEGA 18" SPR Barrel.

A stripped down, unusable straight from the factory, AR at 3/4 the price of a home built that should be quite a bit more accurate? I'll pass.

Smart idea, foolish price point, but then again I'm not a snob. Whatever floats your boat I suppose.

On a side note; you're trying to tell me that Colt thinks a trigger guard, A2 flash hider, basic stock, basic handguard, MBUS sight, and 1 magazine is worth ~$200? :n00b:
    http://www.impactguns.com/colt-m4-carbine-6920-ar15-16in-6920.aspx

I see no deal in either situation...name, name, name. Weren't they about to go bankrupt recently?

:flamethrower:

Sales must be down.... hmmm... What a genius... Strip off the furnature and its still $800. What a bargain. I'll pass.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    That's MSRP. Look around and do some shopping for the right price.
    I picked mine up about 6 weeks or so ago with the Magpull stuff on it. I got a good price on it.
    What really hits the spot with it is a very good build quality, smooth as silk, and puts lead in the same spot every time.
    Overpriced? How would I know yet. I haven't had to do anything to it other than shove mags and pull the trigger (which is a very nice, crisp, factory trigger)
    After I wear it out or tear it up I'll let you know if it's a good deal or not.
    Some guys like $600 Phillipine Island guns. Hey, I like saving money but IF I have to keep putting money into something to keep it running then the dollar amounts start showing a different picture in value.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Would a cheap screw and plastic "safety detent / spring retainer" cap be cheaper than installing a real cheap AR grip and screw? I'm not sure. All I know is I have a drawer full of those stupid AR grips. I think I'll turn them into shift knobs in my cars or use them on my riding mower. :):

I did see a new Colt competition rifle on sale for a stupid low price of $599 and should have bought one or more. The cheapest I've seen them recently have been $699. That's still a great price for a Colt AR with a better trigger & barrel than a 6920! It had all the furniture too.

Colt is hurting for cash. You'll see these popping up pretty cheap soon.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    2004, Colt product pitch meeting:
    Intern: Hey - you should offer a stripped down AR-15. That way, guys can add their own accessories however they want.
    VP: Shutup and get me some coffee. That's not how you make money in this business.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I did see a new Colt competition rifle on sale .. a great price for a Colt AR

colt competition rifles aren't made by colt, they just license the name....
    truely a case of "paying for the name"

I think this bare bones thing is a good idea from colt.

-rvb

Last edited:

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    You can put a basic AR together for around $500 and a little more. You can build a nice AR and spend thousands.
    It's mostly about shopping around and the quality of parts you buy. AND what you want on it.
    My guess is you will pick up the Colt bones model between $600-$700 by looking around.
    I am looking at a Noveske package next. They don't do more than the $500 gun but you get a lot more quality there.

Top Bottom