• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Been doing some reading, watched a few videos, and am quite impressed. I'm looking to expand my rifle collection and am thinking the next one I get will likely be the VZ2008 PSA is selling. Good price, seems to be well liked and considered a good firearm. Curious if anyone here had anything negative to say about it that may have been overlooked or not mentioned elsewhere.

engineerpower

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    State of Boone
    Any reason not to do your first hit of heroin?

Seriously, I bought one on the $399 w/5 mags, and love it. Put a full beaver-barf stock on it, beautiful gun. My $379 w/3 mags just hit my gunstore, and I will be dropping a form 1 to SBR it soon as I can fire to confirm function.

PSA took a while to ship, though. Be prepared to wait.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    If this gives you any idea....I bought one about 6 months ago and have been restraining myself from buying another one ever since.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Being pretty invested in AK's, it is hard to justify the slightly different platform. Having said that, I have had two, loved them and am fighting not buying one again. Hands down one of the best "truck guns" out there. Reliable, light weight, and small.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Thanks fellas.

Ahh! I really want one. Just hard to justify gun purchases when I rarely get the chance to go shoot. Wish I had some land! I'll probably get one in the next couple months. I don't think there is anything else in the same price range that is a rifle that appeals to me as much as a VZ58/2008 right now.

grasshopperlegs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Cartersburg.
    I have one right now. I bought it in Plainfield . It is light and it shoots great. I've had other 7.62x39 rifles but this is one I'm keeping. There is all kinds of things you can add to it. If you can find one get it.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    There is a good reason not to get one, it uses a log of ammo!

Seriously I bought a VZ58 when they first came out with that funny colored composite stock set and enjoyed it so much I bought a second with a folding stock.

Light weight, very accurate and so far mine has been 100% reliable after several thousand rounds.

About the only "issue" with mine is that it ejects the empties straight up which means they also come straight down, sometimes bouncing off the rifle as I prepare for the next shot, usually passing through my sight picture which takes getting used to as well, and one nice hot empty landing on my arm as I was trying to also safely hold the rifle. Actually not a problem if I would just modify the ejector a bit, but it does make for a lot of fun when I let others try it that don't know it ejects so almost perfectly straight up.

Jkwrangler70

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 24, 2016
    Lafayette
    The only thing that I regret about buying my VZ58 is that I didn't buy two! They have more than doubled in price in the last year and a half now that the century build kits have dried up

Top Bottom