• ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Here is a Mosin I have. I thought it was matching but looking it up again the floor plate does not match. It may have been sanded at one time as suggested by someone. The one question that has not been answered is about the Remington's that were not sent out of the country or US surcharged and not sold to Bannerman, would they have been gussied up and sold to the public or as one poster suggested, given to an employee? I don't find much info on non import mark, non US marked, non SA marked Remingtons. The color of the photos is pretty accurate.

IMAG0172_zpstqoxystl.jpg

IMAG0145_zpsdxb7uc6k.jpg

Front20band_zps7tieg1jr.jpg

Cocking20Knob_zpsjumwqdqf.jpg

butt20plate_zpsao8ejzdr.jpg

IMAG0176_zpskr6qjyex.jpg

IMAG0199_zpsaxz076gn.jpg

Full_zpsbpelj0na.jpg

Remy20Wrist_zpsxcq1vumz.jpg

Remy20sight_zpst6roldf9.jpg

Stock4_zpss1wjbrd4.jpg

Last edited:

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    If a late 1917 the date falls into the time frame of the Russian default on there contract, I have seen several that fall into that category that are not US Surcharged, although all of them where 1918 dated.

Could also be a "tool box" rifle

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Nice rifle. You might want to check out some of the forums that specialize in Soviet/Russian weapons...they could most certainly answer your questions.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    If a late 1917 the date falls into the time frame of the Russian default on there contract, I have seen several that fall into that category that are not US Surcharged, although all of them where 1918 dated.

This is true. ^^^^^ He knows his Mosins.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis

I am not familiar with that term. What does it mean?

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Nice rifle. You might want to check out some of the forums that specialize in Soviet/Russian weapons...they could most certainly answer your questions.

I have and have no more info. One thing that is pointed out is how orange the stock is compared to the US marked Remingtons. You can see in the channel how light it is.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Nice rifle. Thanks for sharing those photos. We own a 1915 Westinghouse Mosin, which I really need to photograph as well as you did with yours. I love the American built Mosins.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Very nice!!! It doesn't really look sanded to me, the stock cartouches are too well defined and the finger grooves look to have sharp edges. If it was sanded, who ever did it took their time to not mess up those areas. One reason the external areas of the stock are darker than the barrel groove is the shellac used to finish it will darken when exposed to air and light.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Very nice!!! It doesn't really look sanded to me, the stock cartouches are too well defined and the finger grooves look to have sharp edges. If it was sanded, who ever did it took their time to not mess up those areas. One reason the external areas of the stock are darker than the barrel groove is the shellac used to finish it will darken when exposed to air and light.

Well since I have not found another one like it, it is hard to say what is normal. If you look at the US marked ones, the wood pores are visible.

Top Bottom