• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I've decided that I need to have one, but don't know what to look for. Bumping through Google has shown me to look for a tag under the buttplate and that the older ones were walnut instead of beech. Obviously I want a good bore, but that doesn't seem to be a problem to find. I just don't know what I don't know.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Try and find one that was imported awhile ago. I've seen some of the more recent imports and some of them have the import mark very large, on top of the receiver, and in some cases even going over the crest. :n00b: While that's obviously not going to affect function, it sure messes up an otherwise beautiful rifle. Most of them will have a very good bore. Typically the worst wear is on the buttstock from being kicked by their boots during drills. Look for the GP11 ammo. It's Berdan primed, but noncorrosive and is near match quality. You should be able to find it for around $250 per case of 480 rounds. The straight pull bolt takes a minute to get used to, especially if you're used to regular bolt actions, but like Swiss watches, it is a precision piece of work. As far as Walnut vs. Beech, that's a matter of personal taste, but I think you'll really enjoy the rifle, especially if you have somewhere to take it to stretch its legs out to 3 or 4 hundred yards. :)

Many of them will have a troop tag under the butt plate. Here's the one that was under mine...

jinks

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2013
    Central
    Try and find one that was imported awhile ago. I've seen some of the more recent imports and some of them have the import mark very large, on top of the receiver, and in some cases even going over the crest. :n00b: While that's obviously not going to affect function, it sure messes up an otherwise beautiful rifle. Most of them will have a very good bore. Typically the worst wear is on the buttstock from being kicked by their boots during drills. Look for the GP11 ammo. It's Berdan primed, but noncorrosive and is near match quality. You should be able to find it for around $250 per case of 480 rounds. The straight pull bolt takes a minute to get used to, especially if you're used to regular bolt actions, but like Swiss watches, it is a precision piece of work. As far as Walnut vs. Beech, that's a matter of personal taste, but I think you'll really enjoy the rifle, especially if you have somewhere to take it to stretch its legs out to 3 or 4 hundred yards. :)

Many of them will have a troop tag under the butt plate. Here's the one that was under mine...

The Colorado Gun Company has discreetly marked Swiss rifles. I am satisfied with the quality of the firearms they sell.

Swiss Schmidt Rubin Model K31 Rifle | Colorado Gun Sales

All of our firearms requiring import stamping are professionally and discreetly marked in accordance with all ATF regulations and do not detract from the original look and overall value of the firearm.

Top Bottom