• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tom Threetoes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    Southwestern IN
    These lowers are made in Newburgh, about 12 miles from the house. It would be cool if they were of good quality. I can buy these complete, cheaper than some stripped ones for sale at the Evansville Gunshow Sunday.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I think I remember reading on arfcom last year that some of them had spec issues. But that was when they were relatively new. They're probably gtg now.II'd just look around and search on the black rifle websites.

dhamby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Crawfordsville area
    I have a gen3 and am very pleased with it. While the finish is not as durable as anodizing on the aluminum receivers mine has held up well so far. The weight savings is nice too.

Bradis Guns

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    We have sold a pretty good number of these over the past year or so, and only one has had any kind of problem (egg-shaped pivot and TD pin holes). We sent that one back to MAG Tactical and they replaced it, no questions. We have also dealt with them on a couple occasions regarding other matters, and their customer service has been nothing but exemplary.

We will be having a smoking deal on these lowers next week, if anybody in the Indy area is looking. ;)

ForceTA308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    We have sold a pretty good number of these over the past year or so, and only one has had any kind of problem (egg-shaped pivot and TD pin holes). We sent that one back to MAG Tactical and they replaced it, no questions. We have also dealt with them on a couple occasions regarding other matters, and their customer service has been nothing but exemplary.

We will be having a smoking deal on these lowers next week, if anybody in the Indy area is looking. ;)

Standing by...

blindguy74

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2014
    Rockport
    necro..sortof

Not to Necrothread but I just spoke with someone via phone (that doesnt work at MAG) and he said they were done...finished...out of business..a buddy has a lower and had no problems out of it but the facebook comments on their page looked 50/50.

Cant get a hold of anyone etc...

They have been priced verrryy low in the Tri State(a couple months ago) Rural King was even selling them.
    Anymore info/insight?

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Not to Necrothread but I just spoke with someone via phone (that doesnt work at MAG) and he said they were done...finished...out of business..a buddy has a lower and had no problems out of it but the facebook comments on their page looked 50/50.

Cant get a hold of anyone etc...

They have been priced verrryy low in the Tri State(a couple months ago) Rural King was even selling them.
    Anymore info/insight?

the story I hear is, they buy the magnesium from Alcoa, and Alcoa has stopped selling it to them, and that they have TON'S of lowers made sitting in their building! the same source told me that the "money man" fronted them the money based on them securing "government contracts", and that mag tactical is happy selling them to the public, and that is causing friction between the company, and the money man

its second hand info on my part, but my source is a ar expert on all levels!

to answer the op question(yes I know this is a necro post) my experience with my mag tactical lower is this, it seams like they made the holes to spec, then applied the coating, causing the holes to be a tight fit, the safety, grip screw and the safety detent/spring caused me problems!

ive built 4 ar lowers, and this one was the worst by far!, BUT now that I know what causes the most problems, I can adjust what I do if I ever build another one

as for the low price, I paid 51.00 for mine from rural king(after tax) and I know a guy who pays 40.00 at whitakers (he lives in Kentucky)

ginger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2013
    Spencer Co.
    I know at one point they had some tooling issues and the trigger pin holes were not drilled in the correct location. I had one like that and they exchanged it without question. As far as I know, there is only one full time guy and one part time guy there now. I was told they are only making things as they get bulk orders from dealers. One guy in the shop explains why its so difficult to get ahold of them. When I need something, I just show up at the shop and bang on the door. I work a couple miles from their shop, so its convenient for me, not so much for 99% of the people that have their products.

Top Bottom