• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Finally had the time to work on my Model 11 over the last couple of days. I got the bottom metal inletted an the stock bedded and camoed the stock earlier today and installed a larger bolt knob. I'm very happy with how it turned out. Now I just hope it shoots as good as it looks :rockwoot:

Before

Savage%20Mod11%20Trophy%20Hunter%20243_zpssmutnrwg.jpg

After

Mod11%20TPH_zpsza5fpsdm.jpg

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Well shoot it! Let us know how it does! It is very nice, my brother has a model 11 and he loves it, I am sure you will love yours!

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Thanks fellas! Oh I plan on it soon as this weekend gets here Ill be heading out back to see how it does with the new Bottom Metal.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    I recently picked up an 11 Trophy Predator Hunter in 6.5 Creedmoor, and am looking forward to wringing it out and comparing it to my 700 Criterion RemAge 6.5 Creed in a Manners T2. For less than $600 I'm thinking it might be a FANTASTIC "budget" precision rifle.

Is that the PTG DBM? If so, 1. does it use standard AICS magazines, 2. how does the bottom bolt release work, and 3. how much stock inletting did you need to do?

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    I recently picked up an 11 Trophy Predator Hunter in 6.5 Creedmoor, and am looking forward to wringing it out and comparing it to my 700 Criterion RemAge 6.5 Creed in a Manners T2. For less than $600 I'm thinking it might be a FANTASTIC "budget" precision rifle.

Is that the PTG DBM? If so, 1. does it use standard AICS magazines, 2. how does the bottom bolt release work, and 3. how much stock inletting did you need to do?

I can answer the first two with a Yes.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In

Yea I think its a great foundation for a budget precision rig, take into account the group pic a couple posts above. honestly was a bit shocked how well it did do. But to answer your question yes it is a PTG DBM and does take just the standard AICS mags which is very nice! The bottom bolt release works by a small push lever that's inletted in the bottom metal and just slides along in a grove and makes contact with the lever on the trigger assembly when you push it back (your close enough to me if you ever wanted to come check it out to see how it works just let me know) Pretty simple design really, works just fine. Had to inlet the stock quite a bit the way that the bottom metal is designed it has a tapper from front to rear so a bit of material had to go in the front (which is why I decided to try it out on the factory stock vs. buying a different one an cutting on it first. But I pillar bedded and bedded the action with a nice bed of titanium epoxy and epoxied a steel rod into the for end to sure it up a bit. Its feels pretty strong but proof is in the pudding so Ill have to wait till I can get out back to the range an see how it shoots now. I hope I didn't mess it up from how it shot before :n00b: :laugh: :laugh:

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Well I got the rifle out today and to say that I'm impressed with this rig would be an understatement. I didn't want to mess up how well the rifle shot from the factory but needed the added capacity of the 10rd mag. Well I ended up shooting the smallest 3shot group ever with this rifle, a personal best for me. I think the go to load for this rifle is going to be what I used for this group and the other posted previously using a 70gr Nosler BT over 38gr 8208 xbr set at 2.255OAL. Gonna try an get it back out this weekend to see how it fairs with a proper session at 210yrds.

Mod11%20TPH%20Best%20Group_zps1aaqfton.jpg

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Video review to go along with this post. The more an more I shoot this rifle the more Im liking it!

[video=youtube;l-iX1R1c0SM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-iX1R1c0SM[/video]

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    Love this thread. Kinda got bitten by the precision rifle bug as of lately. Just picked up a 10 fcp-sr. I hope one day to be able to shoot it that well. Stupid question probably, but the inletting for the new stock, is this done by just slowly carving material to fit or what? Wasn't sure if there was another way.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Thanks! This wasn't a new stock, this was the factory stock that I inletted for the bottom metal. But yea for the most part that's what would be done, but I made a jig to hold the stock and I used my drill press as kind of a mill. Took a while but did work.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Did a video doing an informal factory ammo accuracy test. It still amazes me sometimes how well factory hornady ammo shoots!

[video=youtube;9d8sZNzoA1I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d8sZNzoA1I[/video]

Top Bottom