• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    I think it would make me a little sad every time I pulled the trigger. That said, I'd be comfortable having one mounted on a crow's nest on my roof.

Spyco

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 26, 2012
    NWI
    That gun better come with some sort of link catcher ,or sell bulk links cheaply. It would suck if every time you come back from a range session you could not make a full belt from losing so many links in the grass. Maybe they will offer the mag adapter. It would more fun to run a drum or a Surefire mag off that thing.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    That gun better come with some sort of link catcher ,or sell bulk links cheaply. It would suck if every time you come back from a range session you could not make a full belt from losing so many links in the grass. Maybe they will offer the mag adapter. It would more fun to run a drum or a Surefire mag off that thing.

The SAW can be magazine fed or belt fed right out of the box, no adapters required. I LOVED being a SAW gunner. Worst part of moving to A&O platoon was losing my SAW.

I wonder if they changed the bolt so that it runs better on standard ammo. The SAW would run on regular ammo meant for M-16s but wouldn't cycle as reliably. SAW ammo is hotter.

If remotely reasonably priced, I want one. For reasons. Nostalgia mostly. And reasons.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    The SAW can be magazine fed or belt fed right out of the box, no adapters required. I LOVED being a SAW gunner. Worst part of moving to A&O platoon was losing my SAW.

I wonder if they changed the bolt so that it runs better on standard ammo. The SAW would run on regular ammo meant for M-16s but wouldn't cycle as reliably. SAW ammo is hotter.

If remotely reasonably priced, I want one. For reasons. Nostalgia mostly. And reasons.

Same reason for my AR the way it is. I hardly shoot it but have something to show our kids when we have some what I had. This would probably get stashed in a neat box and my memories will suffice for my shooting experiences with the SAW.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011

Just get one of those large strong Magnets, put it on the end of a stick and with a little sober effort you can recover 99% of your links, They will jump out if the grass for you.. Just keep the magnet away form your computer or it can wipe out th...

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013

What is hotter saw ammo ? M855 ?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Unless they engineered the guts to accept a full auto kit that is accessible via a tax stamp, this is like Ford releasing a mass produced GT40 with a 4 cylinder. Yeah, it LOOKS cool, but as soon as you drive it you realize looks arent everything. And yes, I know since these are new production there is no way in hell full auto is even a remote possibility thanks to our insane laws. :xmad:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Same ammo as the M16 A2... A3... And the A4.

I remember when it was issued to me they said the SAW rounds contained more powder. That I could use my squad mates ammo but they were not to use mine. Maybe that was BS, but that's what I was told when it was issued.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I got to pet the two display guns at NRAAM @ the FN booth. At first I thought they were .mil mockups but nope. Real!

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    I remember when it was issued to me they said the SAW rounds contained more powder. That I could use my squad mates ammo but they were not to use mine. Maybe that was BS, but that's what I was told when it was issued.

They were incorrect. I carried one from 1988-1990 and the ammo was the same.

cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside
    Unless they engineered the guts to accept a full auto kit that is accessible via a tax stamp, this is like Ford releasing a mass produced GT40 with a 4 cylinder. Yeah, it LOOKS cool, but as soon as you drive it you realize looks arent everything. And yes, I know since these are new production there is no way in hell full auto is even a remote possibility thanks to our insane laws. :xmad:
    Um.. Not really. It would be more like a Ford GT with a smaller pulley and a lame tune and 300hp. Only because 600hp is illegal. Just don't be caught tuning it and changing the pulley...

Top Bottom