• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    So, I saw FNH is releasing copies of the M16a4 and M4 rifles complete with the matech rear sights and KAC rails (without the FN logo, thank God). I'm hoping the 16" with a perm attached FH is a typo and that it's a 14.5" b/c that is what it looks like. I'll be interested to see the market/MSRP price on these. Hopefully it's a milspec buffer tube.

FNH USA - Distinct Advantage :: FN 15 Military Collectors Series

The M249 Semi-auto SAW seems ridiculous to me, but oh well. Any thoughts on these releases?

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Doesnt look like distributors have info on them yet. With that said i think they will be in the 1200-1500 dollar range street price if i were to hazard a guess.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Personally, uncle sugar issued us M16A4's and we had the removable carry handles back then. I don't really know why besides nostalgia for wanting one just like what I had, but I do. I like the idea that FN is making these rifles because it'll either largely appeal to veterans or those wishing to honor veterans. Having said all that though, I can build what I carried from PSA for around $700, so that's probably what I'll do (again). I do like the idea though and I think it'll appeal to non AR builder types who just want a rifle off the shelf just like what they used to have.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Personally, uncle sugar issued us M16A4's and we had the removable carry handles back then. I don't really know why besides nostalgia for wanting one just like what I had, but I do. I like the idea that FN is making these rifles because it'll either largely appeal to veterans or those wishing to honor veterans. Having said all that though, I can build what I carried from PSA for around $700, so that's probably what I'll do (again). I do like the idea though and I think it'll appeal to non AR builder types who just want a rifle off the shelf just like what they used to have.

Teddy, were you USMC?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm lucky. I bought an almost exact copy of the gun I used in the Air Force years ago. Sad to say, while I shot the heck out of the gun when in the service, I've only shot the one I bought a couple of times and even then, it's sat untouched for over a decade now. I really should get it out, but there's not many places I can exercise the full auto like I used to. I'm not sure where I'd even find rivets now days, but that old 3x sure would sing back in the day.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Teddy, were you USMC?

Nope, I can read good, I was Army Reserve. Anytime I mention that my old unit got issued M16A4's people who know assume USMC. For whatever reason my unit was probably one of the last to get issued new full size M16's instead of getting on the M4 bandwagon. Back in '03 we didn't have red dots, acogs or anything like that. Removable carry handles for iron sights. Personally, I look at some of the guns I've got laying around these days and think back to the good old days when it was just simple irons.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Nope, I can read good, I was Army Reserve. Anytime I mention that my old unit got issued M16A4's people who know assume USMC. For whatever reason my unit was probably one of the last to get issued new full size M16's instead of getting on the M4 bandwagon. Back in '03 we didn't have red dots, acogs or anything like that. Removable carry handles for iron sights. Personally, I look at some of the guns I've got laying around these days and think back to the good old days when it was just simple irons.

We've got a mixture now of A4's and M4's (no optics) but we only use them once a year for qualification so I don't mind using the A4's to whack targets with. It's only been a couple of years since we got rid of the A1's, probably at police departments by now.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    It's hard to explain, but there really is just something far more relaxing and enjoyable about shooting the full size 20" AR rifles. Something about clean iron sights and nothing else will always captivate me.

Last night I saw some show on the camp perry matches and I found myself immediately on gunbroker looking for rock river national match rifles.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I hear y'all. I am currently kicking around the idea of getting a 20" flat top with fixed stock. Kinda like the A4, just without the rails.

I think you're in luck. If you were going to say you wanted an A2 upper I'd think your options would be limited fast. I don't even know the last time I saw a factory A2 upper for sale that wasn't a competition gun.

Top Bottom