• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baba

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Built my second AR upper. Well, this is the 4th one I built or rebuilt, but the second one for me.

This guy is a RRA A2 upper, with a WOA service rifle barrel, the WOA service rifle float tube and handguards, and the WOA front sight assembly. Went together just fine. This sucker is HEAVY! The float tube and SS barrel really add a lot of weight. That's good for a competition rig, I was just surprised when I picked it up. In the photos it is on my carbine lower. I intend to finish up a second lower with standard A2 stock for it eventually. I also hope to upgrade to a NM rear sight with 1/2 MOA adjustments at some point. For now, it will share a BCG with my carbine, but eventually will become its own rifle. Can't wait to shoot it. Hopefully work calms down and I can get some planned time off to sight it in.

When I lived out of state I shot CMP Hi-Power/Service Rifle matches with my M1A. Still love that, but this one should be cheaper and quieter. Maybe some day I will find a CMP club around here, shoot a match and re-qualify for CMP goodies. That would be a nice one.

Oh, and please forgive my messy work bench!

-Brian

redwingshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Greenwood
    Don't forget that you are going to need an A2 buttstock to shoot CMP service rifle. Or atleast that's what I've been told, I'm new to highpower so don't take what I say as gospel. Looks like a great build though.

baba

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Yeah, I know I need a A2 buttstock. I've got one, just need a lower for it. This lower belongs to my carbine, but is the only assembled one I have at the moment. Sht4Brns, that link seems broken. I get a 404 error when loading.

-Brian

Top Bottom