• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paul

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Anybody on here have the conversion kit? if so, what kind and do you like it?

I really am thinking of getting the kit since you can buy like 1k rounds for like $25.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    My father has the Ceiner conversion for his M4. Its great. I don't feel so bad plinking with the rifle when its only a couple bucks worth of ammo. Reliability is so-so.

If it weren't for the conversion I couldn't justify shooting it as much as I do. 5.56 is expensive these days. The cost of the kit is the same as 500 rounds of ammo, so after shooting 500 rounds of .22, the kit pays for itself.

And converting it is super easy. It takes 20 seconds. Then 20 more seconds and you're back to 5.56.

Tip: get the Black Dog magazines for the conversion. They are full size and a very well-made product.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I have a Spikes Tactical .22 upper. It uses a modded Ciener kit, but they are working on their own proprietary system that should be released later this year. I love mine. It is 100% reliable in full and semi auto. BDM mags are also the way to go with eithr kit. I have 35 of em... A complete upper from Spikes is right around $500, but worth every penny IMHO.

WHITE_WOLFE

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    Greenfield
    I have a dedicated 22lr short barrel rifle with a can. :D I am using the Ciener kit as well.

Upper is an odd ball. No forward assist, no shell deflector and no dust cover.

Works good if you keep it clean and lubed.

PICT0464.jpg

PICT0466.jpg

BeeRian

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have the Ceiner kit for my Rock River CAR A4. Works great. Some misfires, but not from light strikes, just cheap ammo. My kit works fine with the Black Dog Machine 30rd magazines.

jmb79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Wyoming
    I have a couple of dedicated .22lr ARs. Each of these has a 1/16 twist .22lr barrel and uses a modified Ciener kit. The upper on my 16" version was build by Rick Kuehl of Kuehl Precision Firearms. The upper on my 5" barreled version was build by me using a barrel purchased from Rick Kuehl.
    Both weapons function flawlessly with all types of .22lr ammo and are very accurate.
    Kuehl2.jpg

5221.jpg

5222.jpg

5223.jpg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    My daughter's Olympic Arms Plinker Plus with a Ceiner 22LR kit. I built if for her last year. Its going to be 'duracoated' in the very near future (dropping it off at C.N.I. in Crown Point, IN) tomorrow morning) and hope to have it back in a couple weeks. The gun will be Pink & Silver when it is done.

:rockwoot:

1-mel-rest-on-mag.jpg

jmb79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Wyoming
    very nice jmb
    Thanks. They are both a lot of fun to shoot but the 5" barreled version always gives me a special kind of grin. I'm waiting for the tax stamp on the suppressor I purchased for it. Shouldn't have more than a month to go before the stamp arrives.

Top Bottom