• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deerslayer512

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 23, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I recently went to the range with a couple boxes of Brennecke Black Magic slugs to try out. They were fairly old so i wasnt expecting much. But they surprised me. I was shooting my winchester sxp with a 28" smoothbore barrel. It cycled the 3" shells well and the accuracy surprised me. I had 3 shots touching at 75 yards and 2 perfect bullseye's. Knockdown power was incredible. I was shooting at a 50 pound round plate at 100 yards and one shot slammed it into the ground. I had never seen anything knock that down. The recoil was bad, but the recoil pad on the sxp reduced it greatly. Overall i highly recommend the Brennecke Black Magic and i will be buying more to deer hunt with this November.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I like most everything Brennecke has to offer.
    They took a good number of deer for me before the PCR's were allowed, including my first buck.
    I retrieved that slug, with the wadding still attached, from the shoulder of that buck and I still have the whole thing, minus powder, sitting on a shelf with the cleaned skull.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I got a few boxes of those last year. 1 3/8 oz hard lead slugs with over 3,000 ftlbs at the muzzle . They do have quite a bit of kick, but they shoot well and I am sure they do the job within 100 yards. I figure there are a few circumstances where they could come in real handy.

The only store I have noticed them in is Rural King.

lazarus0213

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   1
    Jan 29, 2010
    Eden
    I have a lot of the brenneke rottweil slugs. Love them. Joke if you want, but from an 18.5" benelli m1 121 they are dead nutts! Dad and I have used them for years. I hate shooting them now as I cannot find replacements, But we are using the .458 socom for deer now and Dad carries my 77/44. I might look into the black magic stuff, hadnt heard of them before.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Brenneke rifled slugs are probably the best of their kind, definitely worth the premium they charge for them over the rifled slugs made by the big three U.S. ammo companies.

Top Bottom