• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deerslayer512

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 23, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Im looking for a new semi automatic shotgun and i believe the remington 1100 and winchester sx3 are my best options. I cant decide so whats your guys opinion? If you know of any other good automatics under $1000 be sure to include those too.

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    I have a Remington lt-20 1100. Love it. Sucks for slugs but i use it for squirrel and rabbit hunting. Ive had the things for like 15years now.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I personally love Benelli! While there are many nice shotguns out there I think it is the best shotgun for your money... They just simply work and keep on running! I can't knock either of the guns you named as I also have a Remington and have some trigger time on an SX3. I would never discourage anyone from buying either. Your purpose is important for you choice however. Beretta is another nice brand you didn't mention.

Anything hunting related go Benelli! I have personally seen a little over 6 thousand rounds run through a Benelli in one day and it never quit. It also had seen thousands before that day... I saw a lot of guns that received a crazy high round count on a very regular basis and Benelli was the shinning star of all of them. I just can't say enough about them...

Last edited:

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    Additional number that I left out.

I have two 1100's in 12 ga. One is a 3" magnum, smooth bore, with rifle sights, set up as an HD / Slug gun and the other is a stock 2 3/4", 28" mod. VR barrel model. I have put many rounds through both of them and have had them for many years without any problems. I have replaced the gas rings a couple of times on each one. I love Remingtons. Especially the older ones.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I have my grandfathers lt20 in 3in w 28in barrel from the mid 70's. It runs great and took a turkey last year, so now has become my turkey gun.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    In general I prefer Benelli, Beretta and Remington in that order and own all three. Based on 1100 vs SX3, I would probably go with the Winchester if I was buying new. At 51 I doubt any new semi auto I buy won't be a Benelli unless I get a Beretta for clays.

You should state how you want to use it before you get opinions.

There is also preference. I want my wife to switch back to Beretta but she is so enamored by Benelli since 2012 that I don't think she would enjoy the Beretta as much as a Benelli. She shot a Super Sport that had over 10k rounds through it with zero cleaning. I can't force her to love Beretta and I use Benelli more then the others.

Top Bottom