• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    It's a cool rifle for sure but is it the cats meow?

At the current price drop to $1,200 this rifle is probably worth another look

[video=youtube;N6lrI5oTXGA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6lrI5oTXGA[/video]

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    as a lefty, there are certain things about this rifle that appeal to me! Look up the Nutnfancy Shotshow booth review of the ARX100 from the Beretta rep, he points out a lot of cool things. Then watch the reviews (Military Arms channel, Nutnfancy, etc) and see what you think. This rifle would only be appealing to me at the $1000 price point

But I heard that they've never come out with replacement barrel assemblies... and it's ugly.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    My biggest issue with the rifle is the LOP. According to Beretta, they are addressing this issue, but even fully extended, its only about 13.5 inches.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    as a lefty, there are certain things about this rifle that appeal to me! Look up the Nutnfancy Shotshow booth review of the ARX100 from the Beretta rep, he points out a lot of cool things.

Pretty sure they are all covered in the above video (and in about half the time ;) )

This rifle would only be appealing to me at the $1000 price point

I wouldn't think twice about buying one at that price. I'm not sure it's realistic to see it at that price point unless they discontinue it.

But I heard that they've never come out with replacement barrel assemblies... and it's ugly.

The 10.5" barrel is out and for sale right now. We're around the 1 year anniversary, I'm not too concerned about that just yet, Beretta seems to be investing a lot into this project.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    My biggest issue with the rifle is the LOP. According to Beretta, they are addressing this issue, but even fully extended, its only about 13.5 inches.

They are, it'll be an easy swap out for it. Considering the full rail is around $30 I'd expect the swap out stock extension to be under $50.

At 6'3" I found that fully extended the LOP is just about right for me. I like to an aggressive cheek weld though and have my cheek forward on the stock, especially on 5.56 rifles. I doubt I'll get the new extension.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    They are, it'll be an easy swap out for it. Considering the full rail is around $30 I'd expect the swap out stock extension to be under $50.

At 6'3" I found that fully extended the LOP is just about right for me. I like to an aggressive cheek weld though and have my cheek forward on the stock, especially on 5.56 rifles. I doubt I'll get the new extension.

I am 6'2" but I find it 1-1 1/2 inches short. I recommend a cheek weld kydex piece I have on the .22lr version but have yet to install on the arx 100, . I just cut foam and duct taped it on the butt of the .22 lr. Worked just fine. If I could have e figured out how to separate the butt plate, I could probably have fabricated something a little more permanent.

Not going to attempt on the ARX 100.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I am 6'2" but I find it 1-1 1/2 inches short. I recommend a cheek weld kydex piece I have on the .22lr version but have yet to install on the arx 100, . I just cut foam and duct taped it on the butt of the .22 lr. Worked just fine. If I could have e figured out how to separate the butt plate, I could probably have fabricated something a little more permanent.

Not going to attempt on the ARX 100.

Given the cost of the full rail replacement Beretta has, I'd say the new stock should be reasonably priced too. I wouldn't tinker with it either, it'll be an easy swap out once it's released.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    I'm confused at the purpose of this post --
    Is it to ask for feedback & opinions? To tell us that prices are dropping on the ARX? to share a video?
    or to convince yourself (and others?) to buy the ARX?

(I just re-read that, it's not meant to be mean... I just don't know what you're asking or showing us. You have MUCH more faith in Beretta aftermarket support than I do, especially if no dept. in the US picks this gun up)

Regardless, I think you should get one and give us some INGO-specific feedback. I like the idea of the gun, I'd have to get some time on one before I dropped that kind of money -- I could build 2 decent ARs at that price (or 1.5 very nice ARs)

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Feedback on the ARX from someone who actually owns one, me!

Finally took it to the DNR range just outside of New Castle. I installed a Burris AR-332 optic and after firing a couple of rounds to function check the rifle, I adjusted the sight and had a ball.

All shooting was off hand at the range's maximum 50 yards. I fired six inch groups using Aguilla .223, which suck if on a rest, but off hand I would feel sorry for someone attacking me in the field. Follow up shots were easy very quick as the rifle has little felt recoil and only a little muzzle rise.

The best part of the ARX is it's being fully ambidextrous. I shoot with either hand, and thankfully don't have a dominant eye. This time I was on the right side of the bench, my daughter shooting a PS-90 from the left (it ejects straight down). To keep from hitting her with the ejected brass, I had the rifle eject right side across my side. The rifle ejected all rounds at about the 2 O'clock position in a really nice to clean up pile. At no time did I feel like I was on the wrong side of the rifle.

After having fun with several mags (all were USGI STANAG) I used an Allen Wrench that I keep on my key chain for other things to push a button to switch ejection from right to left, and handed the rifle to my daughter. She had a good time firing several mags and agreed that even with the rounds ejecting across her face at no time felt they were too close for comfort.

We then had fun firing a round or two ejecting one way, pushing the button to change ejection direction and a second later firing with the rounds ejecting the other way.

For myself, the stock fully extended was just right. My daughter was able to find a mid point in the 4 position stock that worked comfortably for her.

All told we fired over 400 rounds of mainly Aguilla with at least one 30 rounder filled with Sellier & Bellot that I hate to use because it is so hard to find. (I bought it when it was $140 a 1000 case!) At no time did we have any problems, all rounds fired to point of aim, and all brass made two neat piles on either side of the table in the 10 O'clock for left eject and 2 O'clock for right eject, each about 15 feet away.

Clean up was really simple. First lock the bolt back in the first locking position for switching the handle from side to side, only line it up with the bore. It stays inline with the bore to lock it into the disassembly position. Hold down two buttons like those on a glock and the barrel, gas assembly slides out the front. Fold the stock, over rotate the safety to unlock the action and the hand grip/ trigger assembly rotates down and off. The bolt assembly then slides out the back for cleaning.

With the barrel out, cleaning was as easy as cleaning any pistol, and with the AR-15 style locking lugs, having the barrel in the open makes cleaning them a snap.

Can you tell that I am very happy with my overpriced rifle? Yes I wish it was about $500 cheaper, but then again it is nowhere what I paid for my Steyr AUG which I will take to my grave with me. :D :D :D :D

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I'm confused at the purpose of this post --
    Is it to ask for feedback & opinions? To tell us that prices are dropping on the ARX? to share a video?
    or to convince yourself (and others?) to buy the ARX?

(I just re-read that, it's not meant to be mean... I just don't know what you're asking or showing us. You have MUCH more faith in Beretta aftermarket support than I do, especially if no dept. in the US picks this gun up)

Regardless, I think you should get one and give us some INGO-specific feedback. I like the idea of the gun, I'd have to get some time on one before I dropped that kind of money -- I could build 2 decent ARs at that price (or 1.5 very nice ARs)

To answer your questions. Yes, Yes, Yes, No, not really but for people who wanted one but didn't think it was worth MSRP (or close to MSRP) it's definitely worth another look.

As to INGO specific feedback, I'm the guy in the video :cool:

:ingo:

I spent some time with a T&E ARX-100 and I liked it but just didn't see getting one prior price points. I went ahead and bought one when I saw price so low. After several hundreds through it, and now a carbine class, I'm glad I bought one. I still wouldn't pay MSRP for one but at $1,200 I feel I basically got my moneys worth.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Based on what I see in the video, the stock length is only going to be an issue if you hold it with a traditional rifleman's or shotgunning stance with your upper body bladed. If you use a more modern hold with your upper torso more squared toward the threat/target, it looks like it's long enough for anyone. That's especially true if armor is worn.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Your videos just get better and better, Prom.

Thank you, I appreciate that.

Based on what I see in the video, the stock length is only going to be an issue if you hold it with a traditional rifleman's or shotgunning stance with your upper body bladed. If you use a more modern hold with your upper torso more squared toward the threat/target, it looks like it's long enough for anyone. That's especially true if armor is worn.

Yep. Beretta should have a new insert out soon that'll be an easy replacement for the original one.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    Nice video.

Just put one of these on layaway; Midwest Gun Exchange is blowing them out at $849. It will be nice to get something a little different, I've got a couple AR's, an AK, and an SKS, so this rifle will be a nice change of pace.

Top Bottom