• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I've carried a handgun concealed for 20+ years. Generally speaking I know all the laws regarding were I can carry, how to carry, transportation, off limits etc. I also am generally aware of how to research the laws so that I can stay on the right side of the law when traveling across state lines via car or commercial airplane.

I just recently purchased my first long gun. I've never owned one before so this side of the law I'm largely unfamiliar with. I'm not interested in "cans" or "SBR" at this point so those laws will likely not apply to me yet. My AR is a DDM4A1 with a 14.5 barrel with a pinned/welded flash suppressor.

Can you point me to the laws I need to be aware of? I know I can "open carry" though I have little to no intention of walking around with it, but I'd like to have it in my vehicle at times. Are there certain restrictions on how it has to be secured in the vehicle? What other pitfalls must I be aware of?

My general knowledge says that the rifle laws aren't nearly as stringent as the handgun laws, but I'm relatively clueless at this point. I'll follow-up your guidance and suggestions with my own research as well, but I'm looking for a starting point from INGO to save me a little bit of time digging.

Thanks!

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    There aren't any special laws or restrictions on the transport of long-guns in vehicles. There ARE some things that are more wise than others, however.

The "parking lot laws" apply equally to both long guns and handguns.

Top Bottom