• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rtfisher1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Anderson
    Don't know a whole lot about shotguns, but I acquired a super nice looking 1100 in 16 gauge that I'm guessing was manufactured in the 70's. The gun is mint with vent rib and I think a 28in barrel. I am seeing values all over the place when looking online... does anybody have any info on this gun? I've seen $350 to $900 on values depending on whether it was vent rib and such. The gun is sweet and I don't know if I'll want to sell at some point or not.

Any thoughts?

Todd

Remington1100

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Franklin
    From what i have seen there are new ones in the box going for around 700 or 800, and used ones in good condition going anywhere from 600 to 700. So depending on condition, if you wanted to sell it right now, the price range would be around there, depending on what you think of the gun.

rtfisher1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Anderson
    Resurrecting to see if anyone else had any information... can't seem to find this gun for sale anywhere to get ideas on value. Its a Remington 1100 16 Ga, Vent Rib in excellent shape (modified choke) and I think it was manufactured in 1973. I mentioned it to a gunshop guy today and he practically fell over himself trying to get me to bring it in and sell to him. After he realized I wasn't going to he said if its as mint as I say it should bring $900 due to there not being many 16 ga. with vent ribs from that era.....

Any thought? ANyone else seen one for sale anywhere or had one?
    thanks
    Todd

rtfisher1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Anderson
    Thanks,
    It matches to a tee the first link you posted other than it is modified choke vs. full....

the second link is a Classic Field model, which this one is not...

thanks again!!
    Todd

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Resurrecting to see if anyone else had any information... can't seem to find this gun for sale anywhere to get ideas on value. Its a Remington 1100 16 Ga, Vent Rib in excellent shape (modified choke) and I think it was manufactured in 1973. I mentioned it to a gunshop guy today and he practically fell over himself trying to get me to bring it in and sell to him. After he realized I wasn't going to he said if its as mint as I say it should bring $900 due to there not being many 16 ga. with vent ribs from that era.....

Any thought? ANyone else seen one for sale anywhere or had one?
    thanks
    Todd
    I really hate to jump in here on a value thing but since field/upland shotguns are my thing I will, no harm intended, if u can get $900 and the gun does not mean a lot to you grab the cash quick!!! They are real nice guns, the Rem 1100 is very reliable, the 16 gauge I like, but does not have a huge following n the shotgun world (this baffles me) many buyers that would pay that much are not hunters but collectors or speculators and buy on percieved value, they can sell for that but rarely do, if u have a buyer in that range that is great!

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Google the model of the gun and "for sale" and you will find your gun and the last few that were sold and ones for sale. Its a good way to get an idea of what a gun is worth.

jim b

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Field King is right on target. I personally love the 16 gauge but they seem to have a very small bult almost cult like following. $900 seems high to me but you rarely see a good 16ga semi auto for sale so if there is somebody out there that has been searching for one i could see that happening. Actually, if that was left handed gun i mght have come close to offering you that much for it!

Top Bottom