• indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    I want one.

I'm told they are either not being made anymore, or not being sold new in the US. Even the old beat up ones are selling on GB for $800+... which I'm probably not willing to pay.

In my internet roamings I came across this: https://www.botach.com/beretta-cx4-storm-9mm-patrol-carbine-w-2-15rd-92f-magazines/

But $599 and free shipping seems to good to be true, and they claim to have almost 40 available, which seems fishy. I guess the low price, the quantity available, and the fact that I've never done any business with Botach before are all red flags for me.

I'll may call them this AM to confirm that they actually have these available.

Anybody ever ordered a gun from Botach before? How did that go?

BoomstickBuff

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 31, 2011
    Noblesville
    Travism - If you read the FAQ, you'll see that the 50 post rule for participating in the classifieds is there for a reason. Please don't try to get around it with posts like this...either participate and get to 50 posts or pay to become a Site Supporter. The rest of us did it...you can too.

Apologies for the detour...we now return you to the original thread topic.

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    I want one.

I'm told they are either not being made anymore, or not being sold new in the US. Even the old beat up ones are selling on GB for $800+... which I'm probably not willing to pay.

In my internet roamings I came across this: https://www.botach.com/beretta-cx4-storm-9mm-patrol-carbine-w-2-15rd-92f-magazines/

But $599 and free shipping seems to good to be true, and they claim to have almost 40 available, which seems fishy. I guess the low price, the quantity available, and the fact that I've never done any business with Botach before are all red flags for me.

I took a class, last August, with a guy who had one... and he had bought it at Botach as a matter of fact. I think it was the same deal. He let me shoot it and he shot my scar. It was pretty impressive. Very low recoil. I wouldn't think of any problems with buying a firearm from Botach. I mean, with sites like this, you'd hear about it pretty quickly if their CS had problems.... I would think.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Some consider them expensive, but I guess cost is like beauty, all in the eye of the beholder, or buyer in this case. I bought a CX4 Storm as soon as they hit the tables. Very fun shooter, very accurate and nice that it used a mag that was common with my 92 Series pistols. Also nice is they are available to accept different Beretta mags. Actually I wish Beretta would have stuck with a common mag for their 92, PX4 Storm, 8000 Cougar and 9000S.

Did I say fun shooter? And very very accurate. Mine has been 100% reliable through well over 10,000 rounds when I stopped counting. The only issue I have had with mine is my daughter liked it so much I was barely able to get it away from her, so I gave up and just bought a second for myself.

Shooter521 of Bradis fame can vouch for how much my daughter and I enjoy our his and her CX4s.

smythe012

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99.3%
    147   1   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Northwest Indiana
    I want one.

I bought a CX4 from Botach a couple months ago. Same type of deal. In my experience, they didn't have any in stock, but had placed a huge order with Beretta. If you read the comments on Slickguns, tons of people had to wait months to get theirs, which infuriated most. I think it took two months to receive mine. Expect the same, have patience, you'll love the gun.

Oh, and they charged my credit card the day I "bought " the carbine, not when it shipped.

baldmax

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    North Liberty
    I have bought a bunch of stuff through BOTACH. Always had good luck. I know sometimes they list things on their website, but do not have them in stock.

I do have 2 CX-4(left and right), sweet shooting carbines. My boys love them.

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I'm curious to see how this goes now hearing about the availability on the last order of CX-4's.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I have bought some non-gun things from Botach, and got great deals on them. I figured that as long as the items were recognized brands I'd be OK, and I got a great deal on a 5.11 denim jacket, IIRC it was $50 for something that usually sold for over $100. Yay.

But when a couple things went wrong, I found them difficult to deal with, customer service doesn't seem to be their forte. I bought a combo lockbox that didn't work, and it took several phone calls and lot of "try this, try that" before they would agree to replace it. Also when I ordered an item that turned out to be out of stock, and the "in-stock" date kept slipping, I elected to cancel the order. That also took many follow-up phone calls to get it fully executed -- remember, they charge when I order, not when they ship; they would say it was cancelled, but they didn't process the credit card refund. I had one other event like this that finally put me off, so I haven't ordered from them for quite awhile. I'm not saying don't do business with them, just realize responsiveness is not necessarily one of the things you are getting for that great price. :)

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Great Choice. A 92F, a 9000S, and a CX4 can all share magazines. The .45 CX4 shares magazines with the 8045. The CX4 can also share mags with the PX 4 series, depending on how one goes with the setup.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I had a CX4 carbine for awhile. I liked it a lot but never got that 92 pistol to keep it company so I eventually sold it. It shot well and I liked the fact it could be easily converted to LH. Now that I have a Tavor a 9mm conversion for it is comparable in cost to a complete CX4, probably the route I'm taking.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I had a CX4 carbine for awhile. I liked it a lot but never got that 92 pistol to keep it company so I eventually sold it. It shot well and I liked the fact it could be easily converted to LH. Now that I have a Tavor a 9mm conversion for it is comparable in cost to a complete CX4, probably the route I'm taking.
    I understand wanting to save money, but do you really intend to switch the rifle back and forth between 5.56 and 9mm?

The answer to that question is why I decided to get a 9mm Tavor instead of a 5.56 and conversion. The Rat-Worx suppressor just made me want the 9mm Tavor all the more

Top Bottom