• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just arrived today. I'm hoping I get to shoot it either Sunday or Monday. I'm real happy with the condition. Bore looks great, but the rifle needs a good cleaning from being in storage for several years.

And here she is with her big sister (Hakim). :)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Looks good. Is the Rasheed derived from the SKS? Looks very similar.

It's actually closer to the Hakim, which was derived from the Swedish Ljungman. I did a basic field strip just to give it a visual once-over and they break down the same. But you're right, they do look similar. Bayonet looks almost identical, and works the same as the one on that Yugo.

Here's a wiki...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rasheed_Carbine

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    My wife has been wanting to get a Rashid for some time now DD, she wants it to go along with her VZ52 but yet she has zero interest in a SKS. :rolleyes:

I want a VZ52 really bad, but I would like to find one in 7.62x39. I understand they make a conversion of some sort, but to find one already chambered in 7.62x39 would be ideal. I think Rick had one in the original 7.62x45 in his shop once when I was there.

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    I want a VZ52 really bad, but I would like to find one in 7.62x39. I understand they make a conversion of some sort, but to find one already chambered in 7.62x39 would be ideal. I think Rick had one in the original 7.62x45 in his shop once when I was there.

The wifes is in 7.62x39 DD, it is one of the ones CIA imported and sleeved for x39. While I worried about it so far it has run flawlessly the past 7 years.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    DD Are the Magazines on the Harkim & Rasheed different Size, I know they are different Caliber, But wonder if the Rasheed is smaller????

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    there was a Rasheed in the classifieds that i wanted to get to go with this......till my steering clutches went out of my dozer:xmad:

20frb74.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    there was a Rasheed in the classifieds that i wanted to get to go with this......till my steering clutches went out of my dozer:xmad:

20frb74.jpg

I've got one of those 25 round mags for mine too. Nice aren't they!? I've got another MG3 (?) mag that I want to try and modify so I will have a second one.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    The wifes is in 7.62x39 DD, it is one of the ones CIA imported and sleeved for x39. While I worried about it so far it has run flawlessly the past 7 years.

Just a question why did you worry about it????? And the Vz52 is just a Beautiful rifle...

On a side note, SOmeone (Ironhead maybe) told me that they saw one at the Stout Field show that had been converted from 7.62x45 to 7.62x39..
    Has anyone really done this in the after Market world?????

Top Bottom