• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Letch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    A couple years ago I was in the market for a new 10/22 barrel for my squirrel/plinking rifle and never quite got around to it. Now I'm looking again. There were too many options to sort through then, and I suspect this hasn't changed. Anyone got a brief summary on reliable, accurate, and economical barrel options available now? I just want to know where to get started before digging in.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    154   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Are looking for lightweight, bull barrel or what? need a little more info. You can also have your barrel reworked. I have never had a issue with the accuracy of any of my factory 10/22 barrels

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    What Simon says! However, if you're set on putting an aftermarket barrel on the gun, Green Mountain has long been considered the best bang for the buck over at rimfire central. Of course, you can spend a lot more money. KIDD, comes to mind. Somewhere between those options is Clark Custom. Never had a KIDD but I have both GM and Clark and they are both good.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    What Simon says! However, if you're set on putting an aftermarket barrel on the gun, Green Mountain has long been considered the best bang for the buck over at rimfire central. Of course, you can spend a lot more money. KIDD, comes to mind. Somewhere between those options is Clark Custom. Never had a KIDD but I have both GM and Clark and they are both good.

Slip over to RFC and do some reading in the 10/22 section. Lilja, Kidd, Fedderson, Green Mtn, Shilen, Clark, E.R. Shaw, Volquartsen.
    Many good options. I'm partial to the Kidd straight taper at about 20". I've had some pretty good Green Mtn barrels and bang for the buck, they are hard to beat. I have a Lilja Sundberg taper on my Sako Quad that has been outstanding.
    Fred Fedderson makes a good product too.
    Volquartsen bbls are overpriced for the performance received in my experience.
    Have fun playing with it.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Don't forget to think about a threaded barrel. Might not use it now but when the suppressor bug bites, you'll be ready.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Kidd, Fedderson, or GM depending on your budget.

Or send your barrel to Connecticut Precision Chambering and he'll fix the stock barrel and have it shooting just as accurate as the aftermarket barrels.....For a fraction of the cost.

mikeruth

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Slip over to RFC and do some reading in the 10/22 section. Lilja, Kidd, Fedderson, Green Mtn, Shilen, Clark, E.R. Shaw, Volquartsen.
    Many good options. I'm partial to the Kidd straight taper at about 20". I've had some pretty good Green Mtn barrels and bang for the buck, they are hard to beat. I have a Lilja Sundberg taper on my Sako Quad that has been outstanding.
    Fred Fedderson makes a good product too.
    Volquartsen bbls are overpriced for the performance received in my experience.
    Have fun playing with it.

Thanks for the info. I am going there (RFC) tonight.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    The suppressor bug is a good reason to upgrade a factory barrel. I thought about having my Ruger re-chambered, extractor slot fixed & muzzle threaded but it was just too much $ compared to a new Kidd heavy taper barrel on sale. There are only a few aftermarket taper barrels but a lot of bull barrels. Make sure you can get them to fit your stock or you'll be spending more $.

My KKC stock needs bedded so it's sitting in the closet. My Kidd barrel fits the factory stock but took a lot of sanding.

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    I bought my 10-22 at GM when they first opened on a $189 special. I bought a Hogue stock and a Fedderson threaded barrel. I sold my wood stock and the original, unfired barrel on the INGO classifieds to save some of the expense. I now have a tack-driving, supressed, FUN gun that shoots better than I can. (yet) 10/22s ROCK! :rockwoot:

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    I have a complete Kidd rifle, have not really shot it much but its very nice. I did a bit of research before making the dive. I have a lightweight barrel so mine did not come with a guarantee but I am pretty sure Kidd has a 1 moa at 50 yard maybe 100, i can't recall

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    1 MOA is 1 MOA. Doesn't matter the distance.

I have a complete Kidd rifle, have not really shot it much but its very nice. I did a bit of research before making the dive. I have a lightweight barrel so mine did not come with a guarantee but I am pretty sure Kidd has a 1 moa at 50 yard maybe 100, i can't recall

Top Bottom