• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    So The past few weeks I've been looking into aks. I just traded for a mak90 this weekend but have looked at several others. I notice most people are saying to stay away from I.O. but I can't seem to find any particular reasons as to why. So what say ingo?

spectre327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Seymour, Indiana
    IO has serious quality issues with trunions failing after a few hundred to thousand rounds. Iirc its an issue with casting vs forged trunions that crack under stress.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    They are pieces of ****. Don't buy one. If you get one of the few that work no one will buy it off you so your pissing money into the toilet. That's all you need to know.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Rather than ask "Why stay away from IO?", you might be better off asking "Why purchase an IO when they are universally known for being the bottom of the barrel and there are much better rifles at the same price point".

Where there's smoke, there's fire. And the same goes for the wretched reputation that Inter Ordnance has worked so hard to earn.

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    the mak90 will serve you well. I wouldn't put it in the safe with an IO. The offspring might be a pump AK with a bullet button. If that happens your only option is to kill it with fire.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    The only thing I will say about IO is stay away from their built rifles. They are junk.

They did import some good rifles like the Vepr 1V, so know what your looking at.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    ^ That's a good point, I also believe they were imported the Polish Beryl "Archer"
    Yes but even they screwed alot of them up converting them from sporting configuration.... seen a few with muzzle devices installed upside down ... plus i thought they were closer to over priced tantals because they wouldn't give you the proper furniture and dog leg optics rail at first... I ending up slowly collecting parts and building one that was more correct for about the same price

Top Bottom