• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Found a new magpul edition (not one of the stripped Colt's) Colt LE6920 for $770 out the door.

Wait for Black Friday, or will I not find a better price. Seems really cheap for a Colt...

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Maybe...... you'd find a better deal on black Friday, but by how much? The $770 out the door is a good deal for a great rifle. I buy a lot of parts and assemble my own, but ultimately end up somewhere in that ballpark price anyway. The question is if you found a better deal on black Friday by $50 or $100 would you be mad that you paid $770, or would black Friday come and go without any deals on a colt 6920 and you'd look back wishing you'd have bought one at $770 before they sold out of stock. You're weighing the risk, and from what I've seen on sales on Colts you're not going to beat that $770 price by more than $50 and that's with getting incredibly lucky. I didn't give much of an answer, just more things to consider, but I'll wish you the best of luck.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Pretty much, that's exactly what I'm trying to figure out.

I already have some spare upper/lower receivers. So I was planning on building another. But then stumbled across this LE6920 for $770 OTD. My build (not considering the upper/lower) was going to be more expensive than that (although I was going to use a bit better trigger, rail, etc..).

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I would buy it. I would not risk trying to find one cheaper on black Friday. If there is a smoking deal on black Friday, someone will buy theirs, then get on the internet and tell everybody. By the time you get there, they will be gone.
    I think there are a lot of guys out there right now sitting on cash waiting for a great deal to happen their way. And if I'm right, once something like that gets out, those guys will be hitting that store/website.

Top Bottom