• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Considering a CZ 455 Lux, wondering if instead I should go for the Ultra Lux with the longer barrel. Use will be target shooting without a scope and occasional varmint shooting. For a .22 bolt action the CZ seems like a good balance of value and price. Any thoughts?

mkgr22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Starlight, IN
    CZ's are great, and since you said you will not be using a scope, the longer barrel/sight radius might well be worth it for the Ultra Lux.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Whichever comes with the older steel tangent sight vs the newer plastic ramp. Of course, I think you can replace the new with the superior old but they are not cheap.

JWAS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Dayton
    I love my cz ultra lux! It is one of my favorite rifles. The sight radius on this thing is awesome!!!! Plus, if you ever do get tired of the irons, you can still attach a scope to it. Not to mention how sweet the trigger is on the ultra lux model.
    I would love to find another one of theses for a small project gun. Due to the barrel length, it is already pretty quiet, I may find another one, put a scope on it and have a gunsmith thread the long 28 inch barrel for a suppressor.

Last time I went out to the range I took it out to 100 yards, with the last of my 22lr ammo for the day, and wanted to see how well i could do. Here is 11 shots of federal bulk @ 100 yards with iron sights. I am very happy with this considering the ammo I used.
    CZ ultra lux Target 3.jpg

The only problem is that I do not think they make them anymore... If you can find one, get it!!!! and maybe PM me so i can get another one. :rockwoot:

(the 3 30cal holes are from my JRA M21, love that thing too)

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    I didn't think the Ultra Lux 452 was available any more. I also don't think they make the 455 in the Ultra Lux.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Well guys, the issue resolved itself. Wandered into Cabela's yesterday and there was a CZ 452 Lux , 24 inch barrel with a Bushnell scope in the used gun rack. It looked OK but I wanted to do some homework before pulling the trigger. Went back this morning, took a good look, had them cut the plastic so I could check the bore. All good. I couldn't believe the price, $250 which I thought was very reasonable. Now to try it out!!

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Well guys, the issue resolved itself. Wandered into Cabela's yesterday and there was a CZ 452 Lux , 24 inch barrel with a Bushnell scope in the used gun rack. It looked OK but I wanted to do some homework before pulling the trigger. Went back this morning, took a good look, had them cut the plastic so I could check the bore. All good. I couldn't believe the price, $250 which I thought was very reasonable. Now to try it out!!

You stole that. Assuming good condition that is at least $100 below what they usually sell for. Congrats.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Thanks. As an aside I checked the bore and it was fine but dirty. Sales guy says that's how trades come in. Got it home and it cleaned up real nice. For info purposes, Cabela's gives you ten days after buying a used gun to bring it back if there are any problems with it. He said that doesn't include your wife saying you can't have it!! Said he has had cases where the wives brought the gun back and demanded a refund which they won't do. Worse part of the deal was checkout that took 1 1/2 hours. They were busy this morning and didn't have enough staff. Plus they were having problems with the background checks including mine. I was born in Evergreen Park, IL and according to the govt, that town doesn't exist. Finally worked it out.

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    Be glad you got there first, Ive been about to swing by Cabelas and take a look for the last 2 weeks and hadn't done it yet. Had I seen that, it would have gone home with me. Congrats on the great find!

Top Bottom