• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BLA

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Brown County
    I have been thinking of grabbing a Savage bmag in. 17wsm for awhile now. I have read plenty of good reviews but have also seen some more negative ones. Is there anyone that owns one that can give me feedback on the rifle itself. I'm lookng for feedback on accuracy especially. I would be getting the model with the new bolt and the new1:8 twist. Thanks ahead of time. I just don't want to spend my money on something that won't shoot groups.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I personally do not have one, but have shot a couple that buddies have. I think the problem was the ammo at first as far as the accuracy goes. I wont lie neither one would group that well. My 17hmr would group better at 100yrds. With that being said Hornady has ammo for it now as well as Federal and have not shot either with the new twist rate so that may be an improvement over the way they were when they came out.

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    I've got one and i really like it. It's one of the first models. Now that the price of ammo had come down its a fun gun to shoot. Mine likes the 20 grain bullets, and the new Hornadys are good. I would like to geta new model with the heavy barrel.
    I also have a savage axis in 308. I don't care for it at all, and I think I sold it tonight. Even after I modded the trigger it still sucks.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I would hold off awhile longer and see if you could shoot one first or something. I thought the same that I may like a B Mag. I read a lot of negative about it.

I opted for the HMR. Glad I did. Couldn't be happier and am astonished at the accuracy out of the box.

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    I've got one of the early ones and like it. It doesn't like the 25gr bullets but does well with the 20s. What I've read from others that seems to be the normal though. I put a BSA sweet 17 on it an am pleased.

ws6duramax

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Metamora
    I don't own one , but I did spend some time behind one this year on a prairie dog hunt . It was an blast to shoot , easy kills at 200yds . One you got past 200yds the wind really started to affected it . This was in Kansas , so wind was almost always 10-15+mph.

No comparison between the HMR and the WSM , WSM hits harder and shoots flatter . The only thing I didn't like was the bolt , a little stiff to operate . Once you got used to it , it was no big deal .

Top Bottom