• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    Happy Saturday INGO! I have a question for you fancy AR people. I've had a lower since the summer, and I figured it's about time to throw a LPK on it. Palmetto has the kit I want in stock in both black and OD green, I just can't decide what route I want to go. My question for you is, which color do you prefer and why? Likewise, if I were to get an OD green LPK, would the gun look weird using black or aluminum magazines? That's what I'm most concerned about is conflicting colors.

Let me know your thoughts!!

caulfieldian

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 4, 2012
    West of Indy
    If you go OD you're just adding a little bit of extra flavor to the rifle.

It won't look weird with black or aluminum mags. And you can get PMAGs in OD, I believe.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Anything but black. Black is sooooooooo over used. I wished they made AR stocks and plastic stocks in general in good old walnut brown color.

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    Green blends in more with the environment where I'm at than black. That was the deciding factor. Plus, I like being a tad different than everyone else. But in all seriousness, are you seriously worried about matching colors with your mags? Like the fashion police are going to come up to you at the range and chastise you for not color coordinating. It's not that big of a deal.

Bluejeeper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Montgomery County
    My AR has all OD Magpul furniture. I think my next one will be FDE. I think black is way too common but as always, to each their own.

It looks just fine with whatever color mag you wanna jam in it.

bamtime

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2014
    Bloomington
    Have had black, fde, and od. Black always looks decent but everyone has, fde seemed kinda pointless around here (though I still liked it), OD is most functional for me and I think it looks awesome with black parts, mags, etc. OD!!

Top Bottom