• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ccomstock001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    Shelbyville
    I feel like I have created an INGO sin by not telling about my first AR purchase. It was Friday afternoon I had just gotten off of work and I decided to check out the Rural King gun site and noticed it was on sale for a pretty good price. So I get to the Shelbyville Rural King and ask about it and sure enough they were sold out. So I text my wife who works at the Columbus store and she tells me they have 2 left. So I make the drive and I picked up the very last one they had.
    IMG_20151220_223237.jpg
    It is a Core 15 Scout. I haven't heard anyone on here mention them at all but I have been reading about them for about the past year or so and I haven't heard a single bad thing about them and I have heard that the no no BS warranty they offer is pretty great as well. I ended up walking out with the rifle and a 50 round box of Geco 223 for $574.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I've shot a couple CORE 15's and they seem on par with the similarly priced S&W rifles. So you did well, and it'll work just fine for you! I hope you enjoy it!

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Good for you!!

I resisted the evil black rifle for a decade or so.

I suspect you're going to like it a lot.

Hard to tell from the photo, but you might want to spring for a rear site.

I've got a beat up A2 handle sight somewhere in the basement if you need one. Functional, but its "been places".:naughty:

If you need it, let me know.

ccomstock001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    Shelbyville
    Good for you!!

I resisted the evil black rifle for a decade or so.

I suspect you're going to like it a lot.

Hard to tell from the photo, but you might want to spring for a rear site.

I've got a beat up A2 handle sight somewhere in the basement if you need one. Functional, but its "been places".:naughty:

If you need it, let me know.
    I did not come with a rear sight. I have been looking around for one so I might have to take you up on that.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Well done. Your choice would catch hell on a forum like M4Carbine.net but apparently most of those guys are "operators" and turn their noses up at anything less than a $2000 Noveske.

As I get older, I appreciate the low recoil and ergonomics of the AR rifle. I bought my Del Ton Sport 3 years ago and it digests steel just fine.

Get that rear sight, some extra mags, a sling and most of all, ammo. Enjoy.

varkman

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2015
    Jeffersonville
    I've been checking out Rural King here in Jeff, great prices on long guns, Glock prices are high, but other guns are reasonable. Good find on the AR, and welcome to the evil black rifle club!

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I don't feel too bad that I didn't tell INGO when I got my first AR, but that was back in like 1986. I don't think they'd even started calling this the Internet yet. Reckon I could've logged into a Usenet newsfroup or something. Man, don't go there unless you're ok with seeing everything you could imagine and a lot you probably couldn't.

ccomstock001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    Shelbyville
    I don't feel too bad that I didn't tell INGO when I got my first AR, but that was back in like 1986. I don't think they'd even started calling this the Internet yet. Reckon I could've logged into a Usenet newsfroup or something. Man, don't go there unless you're ok with seeing everything you could imagine and a lot you probably couldn't.

I am sure it's no worse than 4chan

Top Bottom