• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Actually, I want a Larue pretty bad, but I also want this thread to get some looks. What I really want to know is this: I have $2800 to spend on an AR in 308. I'd like superb reliability, superb accuracy (1 MOA), relatively light weight (less than 9 lbs) and a 16" barrel.

I'm considering a used Larue and the new Daniel Defense DD5V1. I can't find any accuracy information on the Daniel Defense. What else should I be considering?

trophyhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    South Bend
    Ok I'll bite, and out of sheer curiosity what makes a man desire a gas operated rifle (standard of quality not withstanding as Larue & DD are top of the food chain) versus a quality bolt gun and optic to drive those .30 pills like tacks on fly turds?

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Ok I'll bite, and out of sheer curiosity what makes a man desire a gas operated rifle (standard of quality not withstanding as Larue & DD are top of the food chain) versus a quality bolt gun and optic to drive those .30 pills like tacks on fly turds?

The ability to do it faster. I think he's short changing himself, only looking for 1 moa. I think .5 moa is doable.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO

I've got some of those. I want one in an AR package.

trophyhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    South Bend
    I've got some of those. I want one in an AR package.
    10-4, I'm a fan of the AR design in general and there's no disputing it's reputation for reliability and accuracy in the gas gun world but I get a warm fuzzy every time I see a FNH USA FN A3G, with the accuracy guarantee right out of the box that's an amazing rifle for someone that can afford to own one.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    $2800, 30cal, and <1moa consistency? I'd say build it. Start off with the Aero upper, lower, and rail. Then buy a Rainier Arms ultramatch barrel. Or use a lightweight MI rail instead of the Aero rail. That kind of accuracy will demand at least a medium profile barrel so your weight savings will have to come from rail, buttstock, etc.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    DD isn't talked about for their accuracy. Not that they won't shoot good, but they are aimed at reliability in mind. No one uses CHF chrome lined barrels for making clovers. Those are battle field barrels, designed to shoot 2-3 moa. Not sure what barrel material and rifling they're using for that 30cal.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I call dibs on the jar of dillo dust they throw in the box.

That stuff is gooooood! Er, I mean it sucks. Its awful. You'll hate it. I wouldnt wish that stuff on my best friend. So I'll take it off your hands like a good friend. :lmfao:

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    $2800, 30cal, and <1moa consistency? I'd say build it. Start off with the Aero upper, lower, and rail. Then buy a Rainier Arms ultramatch barrel. Or use a lightweight MI rail instead of the Aero rail. That kind of accuracy will demand at least a medium profile barrel so your weight savings will have to come from rail, buttstock, etc.

I second this. Build it.

Top Bottom