• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rocdenindy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Indy
    I am looking at doing an integrally suppressed 10/22 and was looking for advice on where to start. I want to get my kids into shooting and think this would be a fun way to start. So my questions are: is it worth doing integrally or just adding a can, what brands should I look into, and should I do a regular 10/22 or a takedown?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Weight might be an issue but I'm not sure on that. Cleaning the suppressor might be more tedious than with a regular can also.

With a separate can, you can also put it on a pistol when the kids start wanting to shoot one.

I love the integral rifles but I'm not sure that would be your best choice right now.

Either way, let us know what you decide and post some pictures of the kids shooting it.

BoilerWes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Pendleton
    I have a Thompson Machine Operative currently in suppressor jail :)

I chose an integral barrel based on what and how I intend to use it. A can that you can swap from gun to gun is probably more practical. Thompson Machine has multiple videos of their integral barrel options on you tube.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    Love the integrals. It's nice to be able to grab any high-speed bulk ammo off the shelf and not have to worry about stocking special sub-sonic. I've got one single unported integral 10/22 that is basically a 12" barrel with half a dozen baffles past the muzzle and it never gets shot. It requires SS ammo.

The only ported integral that I have that is still in production is an SRT on an AMT 10/22 clone and I can recommend that highly. If you can find an old LRM Vidar that's another good one,.........good enough that I have two of those. Even my ancient Weapon Specialties 10/22 is quiet and has a pleasant tone,.........although it's a little large and probably full of eyelets. Really old school, but it works.

I've got a couple of guns set up with threaded muzzles and at least a dozen muzzle cans of various manufacture. All work well but seldom see any use. Same problem,........they need SS ammo to be effective. I just prefer the integrals,.......both rifle and pistol.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Light weight, good quality, try Shooters Depot in Corpus Christi, Texas.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I love my integrally suppressed 10/22. Built with a Huntertown Arms barrel, PMACA chassis, and Magpul furniture. The barrel has three adjustment ports to help keep ammo subsonic. Shoots very quiet with CCI standard and Wolf Target. Cleaning is a snap and accuracy is great...

IMG_0462_zpsognbrqvd.jpg

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    One drawback to integrally suppressed: Can't take the suppressor to other hosts.

This may or may not be an issue for you...but at $200/pop per tax stamp, it may not be worth the time, expense, and effort to have a stand-alone suppressor for other hosts AND an integral one.

I can switch my suppressor around between 3 different host platforms... And/or those that my friends and family may own. That makes it mighty nice.

Top Bottom