• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TWEAKD4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    NE Indiana
    I just finished my first AR build. Nothing special just a mid-length AR with A2 front post, BUIS, and Magpul furniture. I am looking into optics now and researching what I options I have when using the A2 front sight. I am leaning to a red dot but don't know if I should go with absolute co-witness or have the higher mount. What is the preference on this subject? I am a newbie and just trying to learn from INGO and other forums.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I usually prefer absolute cowitness. Although I have an Aimpoint CompM2 mounted in a Bobro mount and I think it's a touch too low and probably should have went lower 3rd.

Currently have an Eotech XPS2 that is an absolute and it's fine though, but I'm also sending it back to Eotech and going to (more than likely) replace it with a Trijicon MRO and I'll probably go lower 3rd cowitness on that.

The SPARCs I have I run absolute.

Just get 2 mounts per optic and problem solved :)

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I ran my Eotech EXPS 3 at absolute, but ever since, I've gone with lower 1/3 on rifles with a fixed front sight post. I go absolute cowitness height on rifles without the fixed front sight. I like the optic to get as clear a picture as possible. With the flat fronts, I use the folding Magpul sights, so they stay out of the way. Just MHO.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I didn't even know you were doing a build. Bring it down & let's go shoot it!

Top Bottom