• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I have no experience with the RAS47, but the reviews for it thus far have been glowing. I'm still holding a grudge with Century from all of the turds I've gotten from them over the years, so I went with PSA for my budget AK build. I've only put around a thousand rounds or so through it so far, so admittedly my opinion is not worth much, but so far it has done really well and is extremely accurate.

chubbs

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Jun 2, 2009
    North of hell, south of heaven
    Atlantic firearms has them for under $600. If you figure in shipping, you will be right at $600. Then $15 for the transfer at your FFL. If your FFL charges more than $15 to do transfers, its time to take your business else where. Don't get screwed by someone charging $30 or $40.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    Do your homework some use investment cast parts. Why is that a problem it can be to soft or brittle.... its a big issue thats pending, streching, deforming parts like the front trunnions and bolt carrier group.... parts like century's c39 recoil rod are cracking and breaking because there two hard

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    I've seen multiple wasr's and interordiance AKs on arms list for 600. You can always change the furniture out to better your liking
    IO has a rough track record on there ak builds you dont have to look far for a negative review.... Wasr why its not the value it once was its a very soild build Cuir factory (romaninan) built weapon (during high production times) some had crooked front sights but still very well built firearms compared to many of the us built choices... Plus a front sight is a easy fix for those that tinker with guns

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    For a classic look you don't intend to change, maybe a Yugo NPAP or NPOAP-DF (underfolder). I personally have had a couple of each and they have been very well built with nice finish.

For greater flexibility in accessories, Century RAS47. I haven't owned one but the Net seems to say that Century got their act together.

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Buy a Century WASR 10/63 GP (if you want to stay at your $600 budget) and don't look back. Bradis in Camby is usually a good source for them although they don't stay on the shelf long. I get a huge kick out of the WASR detractors. As long as the sights are straight, they're a solid rifle. Any issues with feeding, fit, or finish are easily fixed. All of mine run like striped-ass apes and I couldn't be happier. Are Arsenal's (and others) a better rifle? Yes, but not at the price-point you have in mind. As long as you don't mind possibly having to do a little tuning, then the WASR is a good choice.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    INGO member and area local sold me a RAS47. Looks to be in great shape and came with four mags, extra set of furniture, 3 grips and 100 rounds of ammo for $600. Rifle looks great and a quick take down shows it appears to be in good order. Won't be able to shoot it for a while due to work / weather (actually today is very nice out... but work) but I trust that it functions fine.

I was on the fence about the RAS47 due to online reviews, but it seems the issues those who bought them early on have been worked out and this has only had 200rds through it.

Been wanting an AK for a while, glad to have one now.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Haven't read about the RAS47, but a WASR10/63 fits the bill well. Earlier runs had canted sights and unacceptable mag wobble, but quality has improved immensely since then.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Thanks. I felt like I needed some diversity in my rifles...

IXrFOpp.jpg

Bad picture but it looks great.

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    INGO member and area local sold me a RAS47. Looks to be in great shape and came with four mags, extra set of furniture, 3 grips and 100 rounds of ammo for $600. Rifle looks great and a quick take down shows it appears to be in good order. Won't be able to shoot it for a while due to work / weather (actually today is very nice out... but work) but I trust that it functions fine.

I was on the fence about the RAS47 due to online reviews, but it seems the issues those who bought them early on have been worked out and this has only had 200rds through it.

Been wanting an AK for a while, glad to have one now.

Congrats on the new purchase as well. Although you've got a lot of furniture options, make sure to check out the new Magpul AK offerings; especially the Zuhkov folding stock. Sootch00 did a great review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebLb3CgsHh0

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Congrats on the new purchase as well. Although you've got a lot of furniture options, make sure to check out the new Magpul AK offerings; especially the Zuhkov folding stock. Sootch00 did a great review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebLb3CgsHh0

I love Magpul, and have a lot of Magpul stuff on my first AR build and my 870 is all Magpul. I just like the old school wood look on AKs is all. :)

Bearclaw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Anderson
    Nice! I just got me a RAS47 before New Years at Dunham's for under $600 plus I had a coupon. Shoots really nice. I'm switching it over to Magpul for forearm and MFT for the stock.

Top Bottom