• nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Background;

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long-guns/398027-psa-9mm-freedom-keymod-ar.html

DKK_3505w_zpsxff3sf1o.jpg

DKK_3505w2_zpswqhhbhnb.jpg

DKK_3505w3_zpsvpg9qrnf.jpg

Link to Billet lower;

PSA 9mm Billet Complete Classic Lower - uses Glock®-style magazines

$259. They list a blem version for $239

Link to upper;

PSA 9mm 16" Carbine 13.5" Keymod Upper - with Hybrid G-9 BCG and CH - 7781301

$429

They also offer a standard carbine upper;

PSA 9mm 16" Mid 1:10 Classic Upper - with Hybrid G-9 BCG and CH - 7781302

Basically, you can have a 9mm AR that uses Glock mags with a full length key mod rail for $700. Way under most other companies AR style offerings.

Tidbits;

Hand guard rail mount is rock solid. Bolt is a one piece unit. Very easy to clean. Firing pin is spring loaded. Trigger is about 7lb. Could be better. Might get lighter with more use. If not, an easy fix. Unlike the Colt mag lower, the bolt does not lock open after the last round. I can live with that. My Just right carbine was that way, as well as my 10/22s. ;)

Took it to indoor range to sight in the sights and red dot. Only put 120 rounds through it, but no problems. 80 fmj, 40 wide mouth hollow points. I plan on taking out again this weekend to either Linden or Applied Ballistics. If anyone is seriously interested in these, PM me and maybe we can meet up to shoot it.

The only problem with these, is catching them in stock. You have to sign up for the email alert. And you need to act quick.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Nice write up, the rifle looks real good. I have a New Frontier Arms Lower on mine and it doesn't have the LRBHO either but its not really a deal breaker for me either. You sure cant argue with the price of the PSA build that's for sure. Hows the accuracy from what you've seen so far?

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Wow, yea Id say you got a good one if its feeding that aluminum case stuff.

I'm not surprised at all. :D My Colt mag version that I had for a few months before switching to this Glock mag version, ran aluminum just fine. My range buddy that tipped me off to these has run several hundred aluminum and steel cased ammo(tula) through his without a problem.

PSA hit it out of the park with these 9mm ARs. They're $200 or more under most other offerings, and they come with a solid, full length key mod rail. And, they're RELIABLE. :yesway:

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I'm not surprised at all. :D My Colt mag version that I had for a few months before switching to this Glock mag version, ran aluminum just fine. My range buddy that tipped me off to these has run several hundred aluminum and steel cased ammo(tula) through his without a problem.

PSA hit it out of the park with these 9mm ARs. They're $200 or more under most other offerings, and they come with a solid, full length key mod rail. And, they're RELIABLE. :yesway:

That's the main thing right there. I haven't tried any steel or aluminum in my AR9 yet, Im gonna have to do some testing now and see if it will still run 100% with that stuff. Its been flawless with brass thus far.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    I have a New Frontier Arms Lower on mine and it doesn't have the LRBHO either but its not really a deal breaker for me either. You sure cant argue with the price of the PSA build that's for sure. Hows the accuracy from what you've seen so far?

Forgot to ask you, what upper do you have on yours?

Btw, the lowers are OOS again. Lasted about 24 hours this time. They're getting better.

tmater

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    PSA really does it right sometimes. That seems like it would a fun and handy rifle to shoot and it's only better that it uses Glock mags. SHEER GENIUS I TELL YA. Everybody needs one.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    I was looking into the Sig MCX and the CZ Scorpion the other day, but thought it would be nice to have a 9mm carbine that takes the same magazines as 99% of all of my handguns. However, I still can't justify/figure out how a 9mm carbine fits into my usage. It's just like I want to need a revolver, but can't find a void it would fill.

I thought about building a 9mm pistol, but the only thing it gains is an optic and I would think it would be a bit more awkward than a standard pistol.

Maybe an SBR as a bedside gun? This is possible, but it would take a bit more room/way to secure than my 19 or 17 does now.

I really want to need one, but can't find a void for this to fill either.

All of that being said, I will still probably end up putting one together. It's just a matter of what route I want to go with it.

Top Bottom