• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Anyone have any experience with these uppers? I came across some on Gunbroker and so far all the reviews I've read on both the uppers and the company in general have been good. Just wondered if anyone on INGO has used them before. Their prices seem very reasonable - at or below PSA prices. Hand guards are all aluminum - no poly. The odd thing is, if you go to their website, they only seem to list completed rifles for sale, not components, but they do have a variety listed on GB.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I've seen another company have the GB-discount business model, Hardened Arms. It looked like it worked well for them to build up some good reputation, then focus on web sales.

I don't have any direct experience with your question, but I can believe you can get a good deal like that.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've seen another company have the GB-discount business model, Hardened Arms. It looked like it worked well for them to build up some good reputation, then focus on web sales.

I don't have any direct experience with your question, but I can believe you can get a good deal like that.

The upper I'm looking at is a 20" fluted stainless, free float barrel. Currently $275 with no bids. Buy it Now price of 325. Seems reasonable to me. :)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well, I got one of their uppers off Gunbroker. It's not the stainless. It's a 20" heavy barrel, with 15" free float quad rail. Looking forward to trying it out. It was even a few bucks less than the stainless.

pix147261950.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Upper should be here tomorrow. Looked like FedEx "lost" it for a couple of days, but it's moving through the system again as of this morning. And Sunday looks like an excellent day to go to the range. :)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Upper arrived today and I think it looks pretty good! :)

Obviously I didn't have the BCG and charging handle in for the pics. I left them out so I could bore-sight the scope. Hoping to get her to the range Sunday. :)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Nice looking AR you got there. I have a colt AR with a flat top I am wanting to dress up some what as well.

Thanks! I had one before (didn't build it myself though), and got rid of it and really never thought I'd want another one. Built one of PSA's PA10 rifles and decided to venture back into the AR world a little.

I built this one and then decided I wanted a longer upper too:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just got home from the range and I couldn't be happier with both uppers, the 16" PSA and the 20" ZIA. Both of them performed great with not a single hiccup. I would definitely recommend the ZIA without hesitation. I just don't see any downside. Now with that said, I'm not a precision shooter, so my "good" may not be the same as someone else's so take that for what it's worth I guess. I do want to get a bipod and some rail covers though. It's not horrible, but I think the rail covers would make it more comfortable to grip.

I also think I need to invest in some 10 round mags. Holy crap is it easy to got through ammo with these! :): As someone used to bolt guns, 100 rounds is a decent day at the range. That could easily be 10 or 15 minutes with the AR!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    do those uppers come with the bcd and charging handle? By the way the rifle looks really good!!
    The ZIA did not. And actually the PSA didn't either, so I ordered an M16 BCG and charging handle when I ordered the PSA upper. When I got it, the upper did have a BCG and charging handle already installed, however when I looked at it, you could tell it had been used. My guess is, when they tested the upper after assembly, they forgot to take out their BCG and handlle. So naturally I had to order another upper... which is how I wound up with the ZIA. :):

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Thanks for the report, glad to hear it. I'm not much of a precision shooter either, your good is certainly as good as my good.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom