• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint
    I just about bought some tech sights for the old 10/22 a while back, but I held off. A year or two down the road, I started looking into it again. While tech sights are cheaper, I don't like the gap under the back of the rear sight. The nodak sights look better and can be had with an incorporated rail. And while they are almost twice the cost, I felt the rail and the lack of the gap was enough to swing me that way.

They came in the mail today, and I stuck them on after work. What a difference! It's a totally different gun. Should have done it a long time ago. Anyone getting ready to upgrade there sights should really consider the nodak set. Here it is after the instal.

anosjl.jpg

BIGE7.62

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    65   1   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The Hills of Brown
    I've been looking at the tech sights , would like to make it Appleseed this year with the kids.
    Have to say I like the look of the NoDaks with rail more.

Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint
    Had time to get the new sights dialed in over the weekend. I'm not a great long distance shooter, but off of a bag, I can consistently ring a 10" plate at 170 yds with the iron sights. May be no big deal for some, but beyond good for me.

HamYankee

Expert
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Hendricks County
    First time I've heard of the NoDak sights for the 10/22. Looks good! I have tech sights on my Appleseed rifle. Either way, they are a great improvement from the factory sights!

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Out of curiosity, of what value is the rail on this sight?

If you're planning to install a scope, it doesn't appear to have enough forward travel to allow a scope to be installed with proper eye relief. The EGW scope base I have installed ( Ruger 10-22 Picatinny Rail Scope Mount 0 MOA: EGW Gun Parts ) has a good inch of cantilever rail in front of the receiver, and that barely gets me the proper relief.

Also, the comb on a standard 10/22 stock just isn't conducive to creating a proper cheek weld with a scope ... iron sights are o.k., but a scope needs to have the stock built up.

Maybe it's for a red dot? That might work o.k. Or if it's just for the cool looking factor, you've also hit a home run. Other than that, I just don't understand the value of the rail on this sight. I think I'd rather spend the difference between this sight and the Tech Sight on ammo.

Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint
    We stuck a scope on it last night just before dark and tried it out. Seemed ok to me, but it's different for people sometimes. I can tell you that it will be a little high to clear the rear sight, but again, not a real issue here.

Top Bottom