• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Going to head to a local gun store next week for the stripped lower....

other than that I decided on a Dissipator pattern gun as I just liked the look.

Palmetto Dissipator Upper
    Del-Ton BCG(couldn't find one of these many places!)
    Standard M4 ButtStock and PSA LPK with improved trigger group. (ordered this separate from the Upper in hopes of getting it ASAP so I can have lower assembled prior to upper getting here. My order earlier this week too 4 days to get here from them for ammo and mags.

Grand total, with shipping 466 bucks.

Only 26 bucks more than the PSA complete kit I kept eyeballing all week, but couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger on(so to speak).

Only need the lower(about 75 bucks it seems since I missed out on the cheap Andersons) and a Red Dot or Detachable Carry Handle. We'll see.

Getting there!

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Get signed up for the notifications on AIMsurplus.com You can catch their nitride BCG fro 89.99 shipped when they get them in and their a quality unit. As well as them having other very nice BCGs as well. Also take a look at MASdeffense they normally have BCGs in stock as well. Good luck on your build Im sure it will serve you well!

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    Just finished a build using a PSA dissapator upper. Nice quality at a great price. I've heard alot of negative about psa shipping but my upper arrived at 4 days after I ordered it.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Seems like it's hit or miss. I've had good luck with their shipping as well, but I didn't expect it to be there next day or anything. I don't think I've ever waited for more than a week for parts from them.

Just finished a build using a PSA dissapator upper. Nice quality at a great price. I've heard alot of negative about psa shipping but my upper arrived at 4 days after I ordered it.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Thanks guys. I have already put everything above on order. Wish I could have found a M16 BCG...but went with the AR15 as it was the only one available. Its just a plinker, so it will be fine. Last one I built was 10 yrs ago...so the 'names' in the game have changed.

I think the only hole I have in my stuff right now is the charging handle. Need to pick one up.

I'm in no hurry. If PSA takes 4 weeks to ship, I'm going to be ancy, but its not a big deal. Just want to get one 'in my hands' before the change of the SCOTUS or the change of guard in DC.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Mostly assembled...almost forgot the Charging Handle. Have htat and Red Dot on way from Midway. Put lower together this morning. Took about 90 minutes...maybe 2 hrs most.

Have an issue with the pistol grip bolt being too long for some reason. Other than that, the detent springs don't function as smoothly as last one I built. Much stiffer to pop out. I'll sort it out though.

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    Mostly assembled...almost forgot the Charging Handle. Have htat and Red Dot on way from Midway. Put lower together this morning. Took about 90 minutes...maybe 2 hrs most.

Have an issue with the pistol grip bolt being too long for some reason. Other than that, the detent springs don't function as smoothly as last one I built. Much stiffer to pop out. I'll sort it out though.

What red dot dot did you go with?

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Bushnell TRS-25...seemed to get rave reviews in Red Dot thread and then on a budget Red Dot review I read.

Only issue I had is the safety selector spring I had to stretch out to get any force on the selector. Not sure whats up with that. I put a bit of stretch on it and it seems much better. The take down pins are a bit easier now to take apart...not sure whats going on there.

Anyway, shockingly easy to assemble at the least the lower on these...

Cldedhnds

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Hendricks
    Is it an Anderson lower that you are having a problem with the pistol grip bolt? There are some out there that are not threaded all the way through.

xoregonian

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Jay Co.
    I ordered a LPK from Palmetto for the build I did in the thread you referenced, and just received a PSA rifle kit yesterday. It was $389. Couldn't pass it up. Everything arrived within 1 week with all parts and no problems. Went in on the proposed INGO lowers. If others are thinking about a build, grab one now so you have it down the road. I had no problem with the Anderson lowers. I pulled the uppers from my AP4 and my wife's AR and they bolted up no problem. I'm going to try polishing the trigger before install and see if that really makes any difference.

Top Bottom