• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smidrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2016
    Next Door
    I have a chance to pick up a very nice Enfield this week, beautiful blonde stock in unissued condition so early post war great clean shape, 8 boxes of .303 with it $600 bucks. whats everybody think. I know in the shape it is in I would gladly pay 400 just for the rifle and I know ammo isn't free does this sound like a good price?

I have a older one already but somebody sporterized it and that's a waste of a great classic military rifle in my opinion..I have been wanting one untouched in original condition and here's my chance. Any opinions or suggestion would be appreciated..

mkgr22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Starlight, IN
    More information would help us form an opinion on the value.

What model of Enfield is it?

And what kind of ammo, milsurp or commercial?

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    New Prvi .303, good ammo, is under $18 a box so that's ~$144 in ammo making the rifle over $450. While I've certainly seen them sell for that, I've also seen them sell for less.

If you really want it and it's in the condition you describe then it isn't a terrible buy. If you shopped around for a bit you could probably find one cheaper. Any wiggle room on price with the seller? Bayonet or sling included?

smidrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2016
    Next Door
    yeah I have been looking for awhile and most I see are sporterized or in poor condition..for 300 bucks or more

You can never pay too much for a firearm; you can only buy it too soon. totally agree

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Sling is incorrect, but hey addons are always nice!

What you're looking at is a 1955 made at the Fazakerley arsenal. Most of these came in practically unissued. Bore should be excellent.

Enfields have been going up in price, and that is a handsome example. I personally don't think you'd be out of line purchasing it.

smidrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2016
    Next Door
    Yeah no problem thanks for all the support lol, I think im am going to bring her home with me Wednesday....I happy to finally found a nice looking one, I cant wait to point her at some tannerite LOL...good stuff

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I sold 2 of them 4 years ago. They were consecutive serial numbers one left in the factory mummy wrap, the other was cleaned up but never fired. These are the best Enfields you will find. Back then I think I sold them for $650 each. $400 now is a great price.
    Yours started it's life like this one:

They are certainly beautiful:

smidrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2016
    Next Door
    Man thats is beautiful! I just love these older military rifles the stuff they had back in the day..thanks for all your guys info and the pictures looking forward to bringing it home tomorrow...will post better picture of it when i get it lol

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I have always found these rifles accurate and easy on the eyes. I sold mine a couple years ago when I got out of mil surp competition but always have a soft spot for them. Congrats to you if you get it!

smidrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2016
    Next Door
    Congrats to you if you get it!

yeah i hear that I have been talking to the gentleman who has it for about 3 weeks now..he assured me its not going any where lol. We are finally going to meet Wednesday morning, But you all know how that goes I could see it and it NOT be what im expecting, or something comes up, BUT if it is, it's coming home to papa lol..

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    Before you buy it please buy a headspace gauge and check the headspace of the rifle before you buy it. I picked up a jungle carbine and found it did not headspace. Due to that and later finding out it had a poor bore I sold it.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Before you buy it please buy a headspace gauge and check the headspace of the rifle before you buy it. I picked up a jungle carbine and found it did not headspace. Due to that and later finding out it had a poor bore I sold it.
    Did it not headspace with a gauge, or did it have a failure due to headspacing issues? Enfields were made to such tolerances that many will fail standard no-go gauges but pass with a field gauge.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    If you don't buy it OP, shoot me a PM and I'll buy it. Like Denny stated I've seen those sell for $650, I would love to have one in that condition for $400 dollars.
    That's a great find at a great price, you can't go wrong with that, and with commercial ammo on top, you would be foolish to pass it up.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    That is one terrific looking rifle.
    The one that Denny posted photos of looks about equal and flawless.
    The only problem with getting such a beauty is having to scuff it a bit from shooting such a rare beast.
    Those Enfields are some of the finest military bolt actions out there, and Sergeant York would surely have agreed that yours is drool-worthy.

smidrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2016
    Next Door
    Pictures of my new baby

lee1.jpg lee4.jpg lee3.jpg leemosin.jpg leemosin2.jpg
    It was love at first sight and I about cried lol 8 boxes of commercial ammo with it 6 bills to bring her home and she looks great

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    That is one terrific looking rifle.
    The one that Denny posted photos of looks about equal and flawless.
    The only problem with getting such a beauty is having to scuff it a bit from shooting such a rare beast.
    Those Enfields are some of the finest military bolt actions out there, and Sergeant York would surely have agreed that yours is drool-worthy.
    That is why I didn't mind parting with them, I could not get myself to shoot them. I plan on buying a No 4 Mk 1 to replace them.

Top Bottom