• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I wanted to try out a Sopmod. I recently sold my Magpul CTR and got a B5 bravo Sopmod stock.

I really like the cheek weld with this. It's nice compared to the small area on a CTR. This is the version without the extra battery compartments. It is cheaper, less heavy, but has a bit less cheek weld area compared to a LMT or B5 enhanced Sopmod. Over all, I really like how this stock fits when shooting.

Fit on the tube as far as side to side movement is really good on the B5 stock. It fits the tube snug, but not too tight to where you have an issue sliding it into different positions. I've read that B5 had an issue when they first started offering these where the stock was too tight to get it installed. Seems like they've got their issues solved in this regard. I installed it on a BCM and a Damage Industries mil-spec tube, and it worked and fit well.

The only issue I've had is movement in the fore and aft direction when the stock is locked in position. I've never had this happen with my old CTR (even without the friction lock engaged). But it's probably a bit nit-picky. Check out the video below if you want to see more of what I'm talking about.
    [video=youtube;X0NjipA6HB8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0NjipA6HB8[/video]
    (Note, I did contact B5, and they sent a statement back saying this amount of movement is normal with their product.)

Overall.....If you're looking for a stock kin the $50 price range, I'd say go for it. I miss some of the features on the CTR (mainly the friction lock), but this stock shoulders better for me, and it seems like a good robust bang for your buck.

Kperkins

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2018
    Logansport
    Thanks for the info. I have been debating on getting one of these. I know I really like the enhanced SOPMOD but don't remember if it had that movement.

Top Bottom