• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    My father-in-law brought out 2 Anschutz rifles today. (I explain the whole thing here. https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long-guns/409214-grandpa-comes-through.html) I never knew they made a youth rifle. I had planned on getting my kids a Rascal in a year or so. Looks like I have something better to let them learn on.

This is kind of a little review of the rifles.

One is a .22 lr (middle) and the other a .22 mag (bottom) Top is a factory 10/22 stock. My FIL bought these new in the mid 70's. The 22 lr had been fired but very little. The 22 mag has never been fired. The bolt had really sticky varnish on it. I got them all cleaned up and they seem like great rifles.

Striped down, the size difference is quite a bit. The long rifle version (top) has a basic trigger. The mag version has a adjustable trigger. It was not even set correctly. I would close the bolt and the back of the bolt would close. I was able to figure out which screw to turn to adjust the sear so the trigger would catch it.

I'll take my son out to shoot them in a few weeks so I will let you know how they do.

Boomstick

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    I own one...my first rifle.....3 digit SN#
    Accusport had a bbl crown screw up, had them chopped to 16" and put in youth stocks, the 22mag was intentional made rifle. Amazingly accurate. I have taken hundreds and hundreds of squirrels with mine, I'm sure my son will also

Jigga

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    Excellent rifles....I had an Anschutz Achiever .22lr for my 1st rifle. They shoot great! Good find for your kids!

Top Bottom