• ...and so much more!
  • scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Hey guys,

Started working on piecing together my INGO AR upper today and everything was going along pretty well, until out of nowhere, my forward assist roll pin decided to get up and walk away. I have no idea where it has gone or why it decided to leave. What I do know, is that the pin is a pretty important part to being able to put the forward assist in the rifle...

That brings me to my question, does anyone know where I could get this locally? I can get them on the Internet, but I feel stupid paying $7 to ship a 50 cent part although I'd obviously get a couple at least. I really don't need anything else for the build unfortunately or I'd just add it onto an order.

I know I can probably find one of the proper diameter at a hardware store, but I'd have to cut it down to length and I'd just rather not do that. Size is 3/32"x5/8" I believe.

Thanks.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    MohawkSlim is the man! He has graciously offered to drop me the proper roll pin in the mail. Thanks Slim and INGO!

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Dremel tool and 5 mins and you can mod others to proper length.
    And you can deburr, put slight bevel on edge to make them easier to start.
    Don't like the new silver edge? Cold blue.
    No mess, no wait.
    A roll pin should never be a show stopper.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I've had a few that just got up and walked away. That, or someone ate them. Never did find them. Lots of cursing.

Did just this. got a few long ones at the hardware shop, chopped them up, and put a small bevel on them. Good to go.

Dremel tool and 5 mins and you can mod others to proper length.
    And you can deburr, put slight bevel on edge to make them easier to start.
    Don't like the new silver edge? Cold blue.
    No mess, no wait.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Hey guys,

Started working on piecing together my INGO AR upper today and everything was going along pretty well, until out of nowhere, my forward assist roll pin decided to get up and walk away. I have no idea where it has gone or why it decided to leave. What I do know, is that the pin is a pretty important part to being able to put the forward assist in the rifle...

A word of warning: When you find it in a week or two, and you will, you'll be incensed to start building another AR. I cannot tell you how many times it's happened to me and some of my friends. It's the nature of the beast that is known as AR's!!

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    A word of warning: When you find it in a week or two, and you will, you'll be incensed to start building another AR. I cannot tell you how many times it's happened to me and some of my friends. It's the nature of the beast that is known as AR's!!
    QFT. This goes for launching detent sprigs as well. I just recently found the rear take down pin detent spring from a build I completed about 10 days ago. I'm likely going to start adding parts to it as time goes by until I have another complete AR that I wasn't planning on.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    In my defense, the real show stopper is not actually having the lower, but I definitely see your point. Haha.

I've heard horror stories about people doing this. I actually have a spare ejection port/dust cover that's giving me some evil glances. It'll probably make its way into another build somehow.

Thanks guys.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Go over to Churchmouse's place. Look on the floor. I'm sure there's "extras" the magnetic parts cups didn't catch.

Those are pretty standard roll pins. Lowes, Oreillys, etc.

Top Bottom